Why In News
- On January 10, 2022, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that the grading of the works of the Panchayats will be done and the Panchayats which are doing good work will be rewarded. The development plan of every panchayat has been prepared, 'Smart Villages' will be made by implementing it.
- The Chief Minister said these things while reviewing the works of the Panchayat and Rural Development Department in Mantralaya. He also inaugurated a 'Mobile App' made by the department for garbage collection and transportation from village to village.
- The Chief Minister said that 127 'Didi Cafes' are running successfully as self-help centers by self-help groups in the state. In the coming time, 'Didi Cafe' will also be opened at places like Vallabh Bhawan, Vindhyachal, Satpura etc.
- 28 plastic collection centers are being opened in the state, which will be operated by women of self-help groups. Waste plastic is being used in the construction of about 9 thousand kilometers of roads in the state.
- The Chief Minister directed to form village organizations in all 45 thousand villages under the State Rural Livelihood Mission. At present there are 32 thousand 874 village organizations in the state.
- He said that 'Gram Foundation Day' would be celebrated every year in every village to restore the history, pride, identity, culture, great men etc. of every village.
- The Chief Minister said that under the Swachh Bharat Mission, a target has been set to make all the villages of the state 'ODF-plus' by the year 2024-25. So far 1154 villages of the state have been made 'ODF-plus'.
Why In News
- In the 39th Senior and 23rd Open Sprint National Rowing Championships held at Army Rowing Node, Pune on January 9, 2022, the players of Madhya Pradesh State Rowing Academy earned a total of seven medals including 1 Gold, 4 Silver and 2 Bronze.
- Academy player Khushpreet Kaur earned one gold and one silver medal in the women's singles sculls event.
- The pair of Rukmani Dangi and Jyoti Kushwaha won two silver medals in the women's coxless pair event.
- Academy players Mehul Krishnani, Ajay Singh, Rohit Sendhav and Sohail earned silver medals in the men's coxless four event.
- The pair of Mangal Singh and Tarun Dangi won the bronze medal in the Men's Double Skull event. The pair of Mangal Singh and Monika Bhadauria won the bronze medal in the mixed doubles sculls event.
Switch to Hindi