Why In News?
On December 9, 2022, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Environment, Forest, Climate Change and Animal Husbandry Arun Kumar Saxena informed that the government has now launched 'One District-One Wetland' on the lines of 'One District-One Product' in the state. I have decided to work on it. In this regard, instructions have been given to provide proposals to all divisional forest officers of the state.
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) Arun Kumar Saxena said that under this scheme, work will be done to decorate a wetland in every district, so that it can become a center of attraction in terms of tourism.
- It is the effort of the state government to develop a wetland in each district under eco-tourism, so that this wetland can get a special place in the tourism map. This will further expand the scope of eco-tourism of the state. This initiative of the government will rejuvenate the wetlands which are still in neglected condition or have not been noticed by anyone.
- Along with this, the work of shifting the Zoological Park and Night Safari in Kukrail in the capital Lucknow will start soon. The state government has set a target of setting up Kukrail Zoo and Night Safari by the end of the year 2023 and it has been decided to celebrate the next foundation day of Lucknow Zoo in Kukrail.
- The Forest Minister directed to set district-wise targets for setting up wood-based industries in the state to achieve the target of Ten thousand crores given to the Forest Department regarding the One Trillion Economy. Also, discussions were held regarding the establishment of wood art board.
- He enquired about the progress of zoo establishment in Bareilly. At the same time, he directed to provide a proposal for the formation of a society-trust for better management of Sandi Nawabganj Samaspur Bird Vihar, Sarnath Deer Park, Indira Gandhi Botanical Garden, Rae Bareli.
Switch to Hindi