Why in News?
On December 6, 2023, Haryana Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal informed that the state government has notified 'Haryana Sushasan Puraskar yojana 2023'.
- The Chief Secretary informed that the ‘Haryana Sushasan Puraskar yojana’ has been designed keeping in mind specific objectives, which include recognizing and rewarding outstanding contributions to good governance.
- The scheme will be applicable to all employees and officers in Group A, B, C & D in State Government Departments, Boards, Corporations, Statutory Authorities, Missions, Societies, Institutions, Universities & Public Sector Undertakings.
- Administrative secretaries, heads of departments, All India Service officers and contractual employees are not included in this scheme.
- These awards will be given for excellent performance at the state and district level.
- State level Flagship Awards will be given under the scheme for exceptional contribution in major schemes implemented by the State Government. The winning teams will be awarded a trophy, citation and a cash prize of Rs 51,000 for each flagship scheme. This award will be distributed equally among the team members, regardless of rank or position.
- State level awards will be given to those who have shown exceptional performance in various aspects and schemes. The winning teams will be given trophies, appreciation certificates and cash prizes. In this, the 1st prize will be Rs 51,000, the 2nd prize will be Rs 31,000 and the 3rd prize will be Rs 21,000. The cash reward with the Flagship Scheme Awards will be distributed equally among the team members.
- District level award will be given for exemplary contribution at the district level. The winning teams will be awarded a trophy, a certificate of appreciation based on the recommendation of the Deputy Commissioner and a 1st prize of Rs 31,000, 2nd prize of Rs 21,000 and 3rd prize of Rs 11,000 equally among the team members.
- To ensure transparency and fairness, trophies & citations for district level awards will be given on the recommendation of the Deputy Commissioner of the district & six awards at the state level and three awards for exceptional performance.
- Applicants can submit their applications to the Empowered Committee or ‘District Level Empowered Committee’. The last date for submission of applications is December 15, 2023. The award ceremony will be held on Good Governance Day on December 25, 2023.
Switch to Hindi