Why In News?
On 7 June 2023, Red Cross Secretary of Bihar's Muzaffarpur district, Uday Shankar Prasad Singh announced that a blood bank would be set up at Company Bagh in Muzaffarpur district at a cost of three crores, which would be the biggest blood bank ever in Bihar.
- This blood bank to be built at Company Bagh Red Cross will be equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. For this, machines have been procured. A blood separation machine will also be installed here, due to which the problem of not having blood containing red blood cells will be removed.
- Presently the facility of blood separation is available only in Shri Krishna Medical College Hospital (SKMCH), but due to less blood separation, it becomes difficult to save the lives of patients.
- With the formation of this blood bank in Muzaffarpur district, the dependence of the patients on SKMCH will be reduced to a great extent.
- It is known that this blood bank will run on the ground floor of the Red Cross, in which a blood facility will be available for the patients for 24 hours. Patients will be able to take advantage of the service from the blood bank as per their requirements.
- Secretary of the Red Cross said that this blood bank will prove to be a boon for the patients of North Bihar. State-of-the-art machines for blood separation will immediately prepare three units of red blood cells from one unit of whole blood. Due to this, dengue patients, anaemia, blood cancer and thalassemia patients will not have blood problems.
- He informed that the Red Cross is also building a maternity centre at Motipur in the state. Due to this, the pregnant women there will not need to go to the speciality hospital. The Red Cross will make all the arrangements for the centre.
Switch to Hindi