What's in discussion?
On February 8, 2023, host Madhya Pradesh won two gold and one silver medal and one gold in weightlifting in the Malkhamb competitions in the Khelo India Youth Games-2022 held at Madhav Seva Trust in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.
- In the boys' individual all-round event, Pranav won the gold with a score of 26.50 while the Madhya Pradesh team won the ranking gold (boys and girls combined) with 207.20 points. In the girls' individual all-round event, Siddhi Gupta of Madhya Pradesh won silver.
- In the boys' individual all-round event at Malkhamb, Shardul (Maharashtra) finished second with 26.10 points and Rakesh Verda (Chhattisgarh) third with 25.90 points. The team rankings went to Maharashtra (205.60) and the bronze went to Chhattisgarh (201.25).
- Siddhi finished second in the girls' event with 17.30 points. Maharashtra's Samiksha Suradkar won the gold in the event. The bronze medal went to Tanushree Jadhav from Maharashtra.
- Similarly, Veluru Ajay Babu of Madhya Pradesh won gold in weightlifting in 81 kg category. Veluru secured first position with snatch-135kg, clean and jerk-162kg, total-297kg.
Why In News?
On February 8, 2023, In the workshop organized at Agriculture University Jabalpur under MP Farm Gate App and IAF, Madhya Pradesh's Farmers-Welfare and Agriculture Development Minister Kamal Patel has told that Madhya Pradesh is at the first place in the country in the implementation of Agriculture Infrastructure Item (AIF).
- Under the AIF scheme, works of warehouse, custom hiring centre, cold storage, grading unit, primary processing unit etc. are being done by taking loan from the bank at 3 percent interest subvention for construction of agricultural infrastructure.
- Madhya Pradesh is at the first place in the country by sanctioning Rs 3930 crore 63 lakhs in 5070 cases under the AIF scheme. So far, an amount of Rs 3040 crore has been distributed in 4552 cases, which is the highest in comparison to other states.
Switch to Hindi