Why In News?
According to the information received from the media on December 6, 2023, 697 gram panchayats of Uttarakhand will be able to connect directly with the Prime Minister's Office.
- For this, after being set up under BharatNet, UPCL is providing electricity connections. So far, connections have been given to more than 200 gram panchayats.
- Under the BharatNet scheme, optical fibre cables were laid to these villages, but due to lack of electricity connection, internet services were not available here.
- After internet services start running, the facility to apply for central and state government schemes will be available in the Gram Panchayat only.
- The youth will also get the opportunity to apply for government jobs and various schemes here.
Why In News?
According to the information received from the media on December 6, 2023, a permanent education number will be issued to school children in Uttarakhand like Aadhaar.
- Currently, children in class 9 and class 11 have to register in school.
- But, after the UDAYS portal is updated, a permanent education number will be issued to the child from class one itself, which will remain valid till class 12th.
- To ensure that wrong or fake TCs of children are not issued by any school in future, TCs will be issued to children only on the basis of Permanent Education Number (PEN).
- Data of not only children but also schools and teachers will have to be made available in the portal.
- After uploading the data of teachers in the portal, a teacher will be able to teach in only one school. Whereas, all the information related to the students will be uploaded by the school itself on this portal.
Switch to Hindi