Why in News?
On 6 June 2023, in a cabinet meeting chaired by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, it was decided that the power of attorney would be validated only with blood relations to prevent stamp theft in the state.
- It is known that it used to cost only 50 rupees to give power of attorney, but now it will have to pay stamp duty like the registry. That is, as the property will be, the registry fee will have to be paid.
- Finance Minister Suresh Khanna said that through power of attorney, a person can authorize someone to do his work on his behalf.
- It is not mandatory to register the affidavit on the basis of the provision provided in the Registration Act, 1908. Even after this, there is a tendency among the general public to register it and every year the number of registrations on this basis is increasing.
- It is known that in the last five years, the number of registrations done on the basis of registered affidavits in the registry offices of the state has 102486.
- That is why the state government has decided to validate the blood-related seal to prevent stamp theft. Apart from this, those who register on the Mukhtarnama will have to pay the whole stamp duty.
- Blood relatives can be registered on a stamp of Rs 5000. Father, mother, husband, son, daughter-in-law, daughter, son-in-law, brother, sister, grandson, and granddaughter will come in blood relatives.
Switch to Hindi