Why in News?
On 6 June 2023, Dr. Raj Nehru, Vice-Chancellor of Shri Vishwakarma Skill University located in Palwal district of Haryana, informed that the university will launch the 'Selfie with Daughter' campaign on 9 June in honour of daughters. Many big personalities from the country and the world will join this online ceremony.
- Vice-Chancellor Dr. Raj Nehru said that initiatives are being taken to give a big dimension to this social campaign in honour of daughters. Along with honouring the daughters by taking selfies with them, there will also be an oath in this campaign. Through this pledge, a pledge will be taken to improve the lives of disabled daughters.
- The 'Selfie with Daughter' campaign is promoted by Sunil Jaglan and the campaign will be dedicated to specially-abled daughters.
- It is known that social worker Sunil Jaglan started the 'Selfie with Daughter' campaign on June 9, 2015. He is associated with Shri Vishwakarma Skill University in this campaign.
- Vice-Chancellor Dr. Raj Nehru said that through this campaign, an appeal will also be made that everyone should take selfies with their daughters and upload them on social media so that people's attitude towards daughters changes. Those who do not have daughters in their homes will be called to take selfies with disabled daughters and upload them.
- Anvi, the award winner of the 'Selfie with Daughter' campaign and the brand ambassador of the campaign, will also participate in the event. Apart from this, Vikram Shrestha, who promoted this campaign in Nepal, will also be part of the celebrations through online mediums.
- The oath will be -"I pledge to respect all daughters in my family and society. I take a pledge that whenever I meet a differently-abled daughter, I will make her life better. I pledge to contribute to making the 'Selfie with Daughter' campaign a success by taking a beautiful selfie with her and uploading it on my social media.’
Cabinet approves metro connectivity from HUDA City Centre to Cyber City, Gurugram with a spur to Dwarka Expressway
Why in News?
On 7 June 2023, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved Metro connectivity from HUDA City Center to Cyber City with spur (side line) to Dwarka Expressway, Gurugram covering a distance of 28.50 km. There will be 27 stations in this route.
- The total cost of completion of the project will be Rs 5,452 crore. It will be a standard gauge line of 1435 mm (5 ft 8.5 in).
- The entire project will be elevated. Spur has been provided for connectivity from Basai village to the depot.
- The project is proposed to be completed in four years from the date of sanction and is to be implemented by Haryana Mass Rapid Transport Corporation Limited (HMRTC).
- It will be set up as a 50:50 Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) of the Government of India and the Government of Haryana after the approval order is issued.
- As of now, there is no metro line in Old Gurugram. The main feature of this line is to connect New Gurugram with Old Gurugram. This network will be connected to the Indian railway station. In the next phase, it will provide connectivity to IGI Airport. It will also provide overall economic development in the region.
|Name of corridor||Length (in km)||station number||Elevated / Underground|
|HUDA City Center to Cyber City Center - Main Corridor||26.65||26||Elevated|
|Basai Gaon to Dwarka Expressway-Spur||1.85||01||Elevated|
Why in News?
On 7 June 2023, J C Bose University of Science & Technology located in Faridabad, Haryana signed an MoU with Innovic Energy, a company specializing in the manufacture of electrical panels, in a significant step towards empowering students with employable skills in the energy sector.
- University Registrar Dr. Sunil Kumar Garg and Director of Innovic Energy Kumaresh Som signed the agreement. It was signed in the presence of Sushil Kumar Tomar.
- The collaboration between J.C. Bose University and Innovic Energy aims to conduct practical training, seminars & technical courses to students, enabling them to acquire the necessary skills & prepare them for a career in the industry.
- At the same time, the company will also offer industrial internships to students to provide them with an opportunity to work on industrial products.
- Expressing happiness over the industrial partnership for the skill development of students, Vice-Chancellor Prof. Shri Sushil Kumar Tomar stressed the need to make this partnership research-oriented.
- Kumaresh Som, Director, Innovic Energy, particularly stressed the growing demand for new & renewable energy sources including the need for innovation & adaptation in the energy sector.
- He said that due to the changes coming in the energy sector, conventional electric panels are going out of vogue. Innovic Energy is also moving towards the green energy sector and is working on the development of equipment in this area. The company will provide its support to students doing research in this field.
Switch to Hindi