Haryana Switch to Hindi
'Policy for Certification and Standardization of Ayush Facilities Implemented in Haryana
Why In News?
- On February 7, 2023, the Haryana government has implemented a new policy 'Policy for Certification and Standardization of AYUSH Facilities' (Policy for Certification and Standardization of AYUSH facilities) to promote AYUSH system and facilities.
- Giving information in this regard, Haryana Home, Health and AYUSH Minister Anil Vij said that this policy will 31 be applicable till October 2027 and a notification of this policy has been issued today.
- AYUSH hospitals in the private sector for providing services based on the overall welfare model of AYUSH through identification and operation of a network of AYUSH dispensaries/areas The policy aims to enhance the coverage of the health care system through cost effective AYUSH medical services by focusing on core competency clinics, Panchakarma Kendras, .
- This will reduce the burden of disease and pocket expenses as well as empower the public to 'take care of themselves'.
- The policy also envisages reduction of communicable/non-communicable diseases through public health programmes targeted under AYUSH system of medicine.
- The government will endeavour to promote AYUSH as primary health sector among other service sectors under this policy, ranging from AYUSH hospitals, colleges, etc. in AYUSH wellbeing destinations, wellness centres to preventive curative and rehabilitation treatment/facilities, guest houses and homestay, organic retail facilities, these include yoga and naturopathy centres, spas and aromatherapy centres, body wraps, massage wellness centres, beauty treatments, specialized skin care clinics, outdoor sessions for cultural and heritage performances, etc.
- Similarly, standalone or multi-specialty AYUSH hospitals that include all or 5 systems of medicine under AYUSH the Clinical Establishments Act 2011, NABH or Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India and comply with the Standards prescribed by whichever is applicable.
- Similarly, AYUSH Wellness Centres such as AYUSH Clinics/Day Care Centres/Dispensaries/Panchakarma Clinics/Yoga, Naturopathy and Meditation Centres/Convergence Centres etc. are without IPD facility.
- Adequate recognition will be provided to AYUSH hospitals, wellness centres etc. There, recognized/certified under the Department of AYUSH of AYUSH facilities/institutes Government of Haryana which include AYUSH Diamond will be three categories, AYUSH Gold and AYUSH Silver.
- Hospitals, wellness centres, etc. that have received full accreditation by the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) will be recognized by the state government as AYUSH Gold with a 5-star rating.
- The AYUSH Institutions which have achieved pre-accreditation entry level standards by NABH in their respective category will be recognized as AYUSH Silver with 3 Star rating by the State Government.
- AYUSH Institutions maintaining NABH accreditation for 5 consecutive years after achieving AYUSH Gold accreditation/certification in their category will be recognized by the State Government with 7 Star rating as AYUSH Diamond. The accreditation/certification will be valid till the validity of the NABH accreditation.
Switch to Hindi