Why in News
- On January 6, 2022, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said that the state is leading in the country in the matter of installation of solar water pumps to promote micro irrigation under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM).
- The Chief Minister said this while providing solar pumps to farmers during the digital inauguration program organized through video conferencing.
- On the occasion, Khattar also released a booklet on solar water pumping programs and a utility booklet for farmers.
- The Chief Minister directed to shift the tubewells of less than 50 HP, which are running on electricity and being used for agricultural purposes, to solar energy in the state.
- Khattar also directed the Deputy Commissioners to promote micro-irrigation and launch a special drive to reach every farm under the state government's 'Har Khet Ko Pani' scheme.
- The Chief Minister said that 25897 solar pump sets have been installed in the state in the last seven years and this year the work of installing 13800 pump sets is in progress. Haryana is the second state in the country after Gujarat, which has promoted solar energy.
- He said that the government is giving 75 percent subsidy on these solar pumps.
- He said that under the 'Mhara Gaon Jagmag Gaon' scheme, 24 hours power supply has become possible in 5500 villages of the state, as well as the line loss has come down from 33 to 14 percent.
Why in News
- On January 7, 2022, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said that the unemployment rate in the state is 6.1 per cent, in which around 10.59 lakh people in the age group of 18-58 years have declared themselves unemployed.
- As per the data collected under the Parivar Pehchan Patra (PPP) program (which has so far covered 98 per cent of the households in the state) there are 1.73 crore people in the age group of 18-58 years, of whom 1059530 have self-identified. declared unemployed. On the basis of these figures, the unemployment rate of Haryana is just 6.1 percent.
- In the previous report, CMIE had pegged the unemployment rate of Haryana at 35.1 percent. The latest CMIE report states that Haryana recorded the highest unemployment rate in the country at 34.1 per cent in December 2021, while India has registered an unemployment rate of 7.9 per cent.
- The Chief Minister said that so far a total of 6578311 families have been registered under PPP and the registered population figure is 25799000. Of these, about 18 lakh are children.
- The Periodic Labor Force Survey (PLFS) has shown the unemployment rate in India to be 9.4 per cent, while in Haryana it was 10.3 percent during January-March 2021. CMIE showed the unemployment rate in the country at 74 per cent, while Haryana Is 293 per cent in the same period.
Switch to Hindi