International Geeta Mahotsav will be celebrated in Dharmakshetra Kurukshetra from 7th to 24th December
Why in News?
According to the information received from Haryana Public Relations Department on December 5, 2023, a grand event of International Geeta Mahotsav-2023 will be organised from December 7 to 24, 2023, in which the eternal message of Shrimad Bhagvad Gita will be given.
- Geeta Mahotsav has been celebrated by the Haryana Government at the international level in Kurukshetra since the year 2016.
- In the year 2019, this festival was also celebrated outside the country in Mauritius and London. It was also held in Canada in September 2022. This year also in the month of April the International Gita Mahotsav was organised in Australia. An invitation has been received to organise this festival in America also in the year 2024.
- The Chief Minister said that the main program will be organised from December 17. On that day, Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar will formally inaugurate the festival with Geeta Yagya and worship at Brahma Sarovar.
- After this, he will also inaugurate a three-day International Geeta Seminar at Kurukshetra University on the same day. This seminar will continue till December 19.
- The Chief Minister said that on the lines of Kumbh Mela, a separate fair authority will be formed for the International Geeta Mahotsav, which will organise it at its own level. A fair officer will be deployed by the government, who will look after the arrangements made by the government.
- Haryana Pavilion related to Haryana's folk dance, crafts, small scale industries, food etc. will be set up in the Mahotsav, through which the tourists and pilgrims coming to the Mahotsav will be able to get acquainted with the culture of Haryana.
- The Chief Minister said that Geeta Utsav programs will be organised in every district for two days on 22 and 23 December.
- Chief Minister Manohar Lal said that a conference on the pilgrimages of 48 Kos Kurukshetra will be organised at Kurukshetra University on December 23, in which representatives of 164 pilgrimage committees of Kurukshetra land will participate. Pilgrimage representatives will also bring soil and water from their pilgrimage, from which the idol of Lord Krishna will later be made.
Why in News?
On December 5, 2023, All India Haj Committee has invited applications through Haryana State Haj Committee for registration of Hajis willing to go for Haj from the state during the year 2024. Haj pilgrims wishing to perform Haj pilgrimage can apply online till December 20, 2023.
- According to Haj Policy-2024, if any close relative wants to go again along with the female applicant and the applicant above 70 years of age, then he/she will be allowed to travel only after paying the additional amount.
- According to Haj Policy-2024, priority will be given to applicants above 70 years of age and if more applications are received in the general category than the prescribed quota, then the applications will be selected through computerised draw.
- Pregnant women can perform Hajj according to certain conditions. Female applicants, who are above 45 years of age, will be able to go in a group of four women.
- Applicants who are in good financial condition, physically & mentally healthy and have a machine readable valid Indian International Passport valid till January 31, 2025 can apply.
- Applications along with prescribed documents can be made on All India Haj Committee website https://hajcommittee.gov.in and mobile app ‘Haj Suvidha’.
- If Haj applicants feel any difficulty or inconvenience in applying, they can contact Haryana Haj Committee on phone number 0172-2996270 or All India Haj Committee on phone number 022-22107070.
- For the convenience of Haj pilgrims going from the state of Haryana, flights have been ensured from Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi.
- The Government of India's Consulate General, Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) will make arrangements for the accommodation of the pilgrims during the Haj pilgrimage.
Why in News?
According to the information received from Haryana Public Relations Department on December 5, 2023, the existing two-lane railway overbridge located on Railway RD 81/0-1 on NH-709 in Bhiwani city will be built with the cooperation of Haryana Government and Ministry of Road Transport Highways.
- On December 5, 2023, Chief Minister Manohar Lal gave administrative approval for the collaborative effort with the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways & the Railway Department.
- Giving information in this regard, a government spokesperson said that the existing 2-lane railway overbridge is in a dilapidated condition, keeping this in mind there is a need to construct this ROB at present.
- The Government has laid down the conditions required for handover of this ROB to the Railways, which include removal of encroachments within the right-of-way and ensuring proper disposal of rainwater in the area.
- The spokesperson said that as per the ministry's 2015 policy, the bypass emphasises that this bypass will not be a part of the national highway network for a long time.
- Therefore, it is the responsibility of the state government to construct it. Since the Bhiwani bypass is already operational, the responsibility for the improvement and maintenance of the bypass lies with the state government.
Switch to Hindi