Why in News?
As per the information provided by the Chhattisgarh Public Relations Department on 6th December, 2023, a Children's Science Exhibition will be organised at School, District, Division & State level to promote scientific temper among students of Eklavya Model Residential School and to expand scientific knowledge & experience.
- According to the information, the Children's Science Exhibition will be organised from Eklavya Adarsh Residential Schools on 11th December at the school level, 13th December at the district level, 15th December at the divisional level and 22nd December at the state level.
- Commissioner & ex-officio Secretary, Chhattisgarh State Level Tribal Welfare, Residential & Ashram Educational Institute Committee, Shammi Abidi has issued necessary guidelines to all the district collectors regarding the organisation of National Children's Scientific Exhibition.
- The theme of the Children's Science Exhibition is 'Science and Technology for Society'. The topics of the sub-theme have been kept as Health, Lifestyle for Environment, Agriculture, Communication and Transport, Computational Thinking.
- Three models from each sub-plot will be selected and sent to the National Children's Scientific Exhibition. For this, after selection at the divisional level, a maximum of 15 models will be selected from 08 schools of Bastar division and 15-15 models will be selected from 5-5 schools of Surguja & Bilaspur divisions at the state level.
- Similarly, 2 models will be selected from each theme, 10 models will be selected from 04 schools of Raipur division and 10 models will be selected from 3 schools of Durg division.
- For selection of children's scientific exhibition, 20 percent marks for creativity & imagination, 15 percent marks for originality in model, scientific & mathematical innovation, 15 percent marks for scientific thought, theory & approach, 15 percent marks for technical skills, crafts & craftsmanship and 15 percent marks for societal utility.
- 10 percent marks have been assigned to economic (low cost) portability and 10 percent marks have been assigned to the performance & presentation of the model. Apart from this, 5 percent additional marks will be given to students from rural and backward areas & 3 percent additional marks will be given to students from semi-urban areas.
- The students of Eklavya Adarsh Residential School come from tribal areas and they must have seen and understood various types of rural level inconveniences in their society & workplace. They must be curious that the tasks of life in rural areas can be solved through some technology and their work can be made easier. There are many types of questions and their solutions in the minds of students, which they are not able to display anywhere.
- By organising a Children's Science Exhibition, if students have any idea or model in their mind to ease the problems of such people's life, they can display it and through this they can make a place at the national level through their fundamental technical knowledge.
Switch to Hindi