Why in News?
On July 5, 2022, in Chitrakoot district of Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath started the Van Mahotsav campaign by planting Harishankari saplings in Kodand forest area located in Sehrin village, the ashram of Maharishi Valmiki.
- On this occasion, he said that natural farming and horticulture would be promoted in Bundelkhand. This experiment has been successful in the districts along the banks of the Ganges. The problem of Anna cattle will be solved. Along with this, pesticides will be prepared from cow dung and cow urine, which will be used in agriculture.
- It may be mentioned that under this campaign, the target is to plant 35 crore saplings in the state. In this, 25 crore saplings were planted in a day (July 5) and on August 15, 5 crore saplings will be planted.
- 7 lakh drumstick plants will be planted in front of PM and CM residences free of cost in the state. It is known that Tiger Reserve Park is being built in Chitrakoot, where Tigers will be brought.
- The Chief Minister directed the forest department officials to displace the villages in the forest area by giving them NOC at the earliest and take up the work of connecting the village with the city. If there are NOC or dispute cases for development works, dispose of them on priority.
Why in News?
On July 5, 2022, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath directed the officials of the Housing Department to make rules for taking the services of Visionary Youth to accelerate the pace of development in the blocks of the state.
- Under this, Visionary Youth will get an opportunity for the development of development blocks through a special fellowship of 2 years.
- The Chief Minister has ordered the appointment of a town planner in each municipal corporation to plan ahead . They will get a 2-year fellowship.
- Along with this, in the case of transfer of property or gift deed in the name of heir, now only Rs 5 thousand and Rs 10 thousand will have to be paid on the filing and rejection respectively.
- The Chief Minister said that for the larger public interest, it is necessary to simplify the process of mutation of property in development authorities. At present, the mutation fee of the total value of the property is being charged one percent. It needs to be reduced. The present process is also quite complex, it should be made practical with the help of technology.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed to start a special fellowship programme for proper development of aspirational development blocks. This fellowship will be for two years. In this, the youth with technical, management degree will be deployed.
- In this, the selection of youth should be done through a transparent system. Good monthly amount will be given. They should also be given technical equipment like tablets, smartphones, etc.
- The Chief Minister directed the officers that the rates of water and transport charges should be fixed every year. For this, the Income Tax Department's Cost Inflation Index should be made the basis.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said a maximum mutation fee of Rs 10,000 should be charged based on the value of the property to be given or free hold. In case of lease property, one percent mutation fee can be charged.
- The Chief Minister directed those arrangements should be made by the development authorities to collect water charges from the residents. Water charges are not being charged in most of the development authorities. Water charges are being charged by Lucknow and Varanasi Development Authority on the prescribed fee at their level. Rules should be made for this.
- The Chief Minister directed to start the work of Lucknow Green Corridor within two months. The scheme will give an attractive look to Lucknow. There are some slums on both banks of the Gomti river and around the Naimisharanya Guest House. They should be marked and the inhabitants here should be settled elsewhere.
- The Chief Minister directed that The Butler Lake be developed as Amrit Sarovar. Development authorities, civic bodies, administration and police should ensure that illegal settlements and residential colonies are not allowed to come up under any circumstances.
- The Chief Minister said that block-wise information on the selected indicators should be collected at the end of the current month considering May 2022 as the baseline. Thereafter, fresh progress details may be fed by the concerned districts by the 15th of every month. This should also be confirmed by the concerned departments. Its progress should also be linked to the CM Dashboard.
Why in News?
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on July 4, 2022, launched the four-day 'Uttar Pradesh Aam Mahotsav-2022' at Awadh Shilp Gram, Lucknow . The festival will be held till July 7, 2022.
- All dimensions of increase in production, processing, marketing, export and quality of mangoes through the Mango Festival will be communicated to them by the concerned Departments/Officers/Scientists in consultation with the mango growers.
- Processed mango products and plants will also be available for sale at the festival.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister directed the officials of the Horticulture Department to organize a mango festival from 1st to 7th July every year and invite and felicitate mango gardeners from different states of the country.
- At the event, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced the creation of a mega cluster of mangoes in Lucknow. The project will be completed in the next five years. An amount of Rs 100 crore has been sanctioned from the Centre for this project.
- He said that now the mango of Mal in Lucknow, Malihabad and Kakori Phalpatti will be sent in the name of Kakori Mango in the country and abroad. Lucknow mangoes will be branded with the same name. It is worth noting that in the year 2005, the then government had branded the mango of Lucknow in the name of Nawab Mango.
Why in News?
On July 5, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has approved the proposal to open a new Ayurveda dispensary at Derajsar and village Satlera, village panchayat headquarter in Bikaner district.
- It is worth mentioning that as per the parameters laid down in 'AYUSH Policy-2021', it is proposed to set up a new Ayurveda dispensary at each gram panchayat headquarter.
- A proposal was submitted by the Department of AYUSH regarding setting up of a new Ayurveda dispensary at Gram Panchayat Headquarters, Derajsar and relaxation for opening of a new Ayurveda dispensary at Satlera on the basis of the norms of AYUSH Policy-2021.
- With this decision of the government, people will get better medical facilities at the village level.
Why in News?
On July 5, 2022, the MoU between RAJFED and Punjab National Bank was concluded in the presence of RAJFED Shreya Guha, Principal Secretary, Cooperation and Administrator of Rajasthan, RAJFED Auditorium.
- Through this MoU, PNB will provide a credit limit of Rs.2.00 crore to RAJFED.
- The MoU was signed by Ushaspati Tripathi, Financial Advisor on behalf of RAJFED and Nikhil, Chief Manager on behalf of PNB.
- RAJFED Managing Director Urmila Rajoria said that RAJFED has entered into an MoU with PNB for various activities including diversifying its business, making quick payment of purchases at the support price.
Why in News?
On July 5, 2022, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel released the Tourist Circuit Map of Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi district at Circuit House during the meeting ceremony in Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi district.
- This tourist circuit map has identified all the religious, tourist and historical sites of the district, as well as the road map for movement in the adjoining districts of Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi district.
- According to the district administration, the tourist circuit map will easily provide information about all the major sites under the district to the tourists. At the same time, they will have the facility for movement to the sites.
Why in News?
On July 5, 2022, in the presence of Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, an MoU was signed between the Livelihood Business Training Center of the Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Amarkantak and the Government of Chhattisgarh at the Circuit House of Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi district.
- As per the MoU, a community center or skill development center will be set up by The Indira Gandhi National Tribal University Amarkantak at Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi. For this, 3 hectares of land has been allotted by the State Government at village Lalpur in the district.
- Prof. Prakash Mani Tripathi, Vice Chancellor, Indira Gandhi National Tribal University Amarkantak, said the area is rich in rare medicinal species. At the same time, the residents here are knowledgeable about plants and rare animals and medicines. If they work together with the university, not only will this area develop, but the welfare of the entire human race.
- Diploma and degree programmes will be conducted by the Centre set up by the University, which will include various employment oriented e-skill courses in line with the National Skill Qualification Framework and as per the guidelines. Also, in collaboration with this center, the service of market linkage and credit linkage will be provided to the candidates who wish to establish self-employment.
- The objective is to work towards tribal upgradation by mastering various disciplines to make women, villagers and youth economically self-reliant by providing them with skill development and employment oriented, vocational education to women, villagers and youth of self-help groups set up under the National Rural Livelihood Mission in the district.
- Regional tribes and farmers will be trained in various trades by the Integrated Training Centre of Livelihood Business Incubation (LBI). The Centre's Integrated Training Centre will provide training to tribal communities and farmers in various trades.
- Various products from regional products - Kodo Kutki, Honey etc. will also be prepared and branded by the Centre and fair price will be provided to the farmers, which will increase the income of the farmer of the region and the products of Chhattisgarh will get recognition at the national and international level.
- The youth of this region will get self-employment opportunities by being proficient in skill development, there will also be opportunities to pursue higher education. At the same time, they will be freed from going to big cities to get higher education.
- The MoU will give an opportunity to the students studying in this center to do research. It will help in integrating the regional tribal community into the mainstream, enriching and self-reliant educationally and economically.
Why in News?
On July 5, 2022, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel launched two innovation programs 'Mor Akhar' and 'Sports for Development' in Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi district as part of a meet-and-greet visit.
- The 'Mor Akhar' program will be implemented in 299 primary schools of Gaurela and Pendra block, which is an initiative to improve the elementary language education of children of primary schools, to make the reading and writing ability of children more effective.
- Under the second programme 'Sports for Development', children of 543 primary schools of the district will be prepared through sports in a pilot and practical manner, so that they can have fast learning skills as well as improve their health, physical and mental development and lifestyle.
- It is worth mentioning that this method of practical education has been successfully used in 50 countries of the world.
- Due to the closure of schools during the Corona period, the ability of children to learn has decreased. In view of this, 'Mor Akhar' program has been started, which will be helpful in increasing reading ability and reading habit in children.
- Similarly, 'Sports of Development' has been started in all the schools of Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi district. The aim is to develop physically and mentally and increase children's learning in sports and games.
- The programme includes providing class appropriate, age appropriate and equal opportunities in sports to boys and girls. Both these programmes will be conducted in collaboration with UNICEF.
Why in News?
Recently, Dr. S.K. Singh said that due to climate change in Uttarakhand, not only the flowers have started blooming before the scheduled time, but their colours are also changing.
- According to the scientists of the Botanical Survey of India, 4.5 lac such plants are found in the whole world, in which flowers bloom. Out of these 40,000 species of flora are found in India. There are 20 thousand species in which flowers bloom on time. The process of blooming of flowers starts only in certain temperature and environment.
- There are some flowers that indicate the arrival of the seasons, but now due to climate change, the time of flower blooming is also seeing a change.
- According to Dr. S.K Singh, Brahma Kamal, the state flower found in the high Himalayan regions of the state, has also started blooming before the scheduled time. At the same time, in the Valley of Flowers, things are coming out about flowers blooming before time.
- Due to climate change and increase in temperature, now the colors of flowers are also changing. According to an article published in the American science journal Current Biology, chemical changes are also being seen in the pigments of flowers. The pigment itself absorbs ultraviolet rays. The maximum effect of ultraviolet rays is being seen on the flowers of high Himalayan regions.
- The research also revealed that the depletion of the ozone layer due to excessive carbon emissions and the arrival of more ultraviolet rays on the earth has also affected the pollen grains of flowers. This has also been a reason for the change in the time and colour of the flowers.
Why in News?
On July 5, 2022, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami, while announcing the possibility of investment in the hospitality sector, said that a state-level committee would be formed to expedite tourism projects.
- The Chief Minister made this announcement during a discussion on the possibility of investment in the hospitality sector in the state by the Uttarakhand Tourism Development Council (UTDB) with the aim of promoting the tourism sector and investors in a hotel located on Rajpur Road.
- This state level committee will be constituted under the chairmanship of secretary R. Meenakshi Sundaram. In this committee, officers of Finance, Housing, Public Works Department, Police, Pollution Control Board and other related departments will be included as members.
- Speaking on the occasion, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that there is immense potential for tourism in the state under which the prices of air fuel have been reduced by 18 percent. After three months, there will be another interaction with all tourism investors.
- Secretary R. Meenakshi Sundaram said that the policies formulated by the government for investors will be simplified.
- Tourism Secretary Dilip Jawalkar said that there is immense potential for investment in tourism once tourism gets the status of an industry. The state government aims to invest Rs 5000 crore in the tourism sector in the next 5 years.
Why in News?
In the recently released Startup Ranking of States-2021 by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Uttarakhand has secured the Leaders category, while Gujarat and Karnataka have got the ranking of the best performing state.
- Uttarakhand has moved up a notch in the startup rankings due to the reforms being done by the government to promote startups. In order to establish the innovation idea as a startup, the facilities are being improved by the government, due to which the state is getting success in the startup ranking of the Centre.
- It is worth mentioning that Uttarakhand was ranked in the emerging category in the ranking of the year 2018 and aspiring in 2019.
- Industry Director Sudhir Chandra Nautiyal said that the startup rankings are continuously improving due to the policies of the government. The government is also providing technical support along with financial incentives to recognized startups.
- The government has recognized 128 startups on innovation ideas in health, information technology, food processing, education and other sectors. Under the state's Startup Policy, 2018, financial incentives are also being provided by the government to startups to set up businesses, including SGST reimbursement, 100 per cent waiver in stamp duty, assistance of Rs 1 to Rs 5 lakh for patenting the product, 10 to 10 to startups. A monthly allowance of up to Rs.15,000 is also being given.
- The government has recognized 13 incubation centers to set innovation ideas in business. Where the startup has the facility of machinery, technical support for preparing the project. With the opening of incubation centers in the state, the state does not have to go to other areas to make startups a project.
- In order to promote startups, the government has implemented the startup policy in the year 2018 . Now the government is preparing to amend the policy to enhance facilities to encourage investment in startups and incubation centers.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, Uttarakhand Forest Minister Subodh Uniyal said in a meeting held at Manthan Auditorium in the Forest Headquarters premises that like previous years, Harela festival would be celebrated across the state with gaiety on July 16 this year too.
- The Forest Minister said that this time the plants will be selected according to the geographical and environmental conditions of the area. For this, plants and techniques will be made available by the Forest Department.
- During this, the Forest Department has set a target of planting more than 15 lakh saplings across the state. Under this, for the first time more than 50 percent fruit trees will be planted on this festival.
- Emphasis will be laid on increasing the participation of schools, colleges and forest panchayats on Harela festival. After planting saplings, they should remain alive and in the coming times, efforts will be made for this to benefit the society.
- With a view to strengthen the forest panchayats, this time fruitful plantation is being promoted, so that in future the livelihood of the people there can be linked to them.
- The Forest Minister said that Police Forest and Mera Van would be developed across the state. Under this, this responsibility will be assigned to schools, colleges and all departments. People will be able to plant saplings in these gardens in the name of themselves, relatives and the deceased. The responsibility of keeping these plants alive and grooming will also be given to the person concerned.
Switch to Hindi