Online Courses (English)
This just in:

State PCS

Uttar Pradesh State PCS

  • 05 Jun 2023
  • 4 min read
  • Switch Date:  
Uttar Pradesh Switch to Hindi

Khelo India University Games-2022 concludes in Varanasi

Why in News?

On 3 June 2023, the 3rd Khelo India University Games (KIUG)-2022 concluded at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Banaras Hindu University (BHU) campus in Varanasi-the Spiritual Capital of India, Uttar Pradesh.

Key Points:

  • Panjab University, Chandigarh (PUC) was declared the overall champion with 26 gold, 17 silver and 26 bronze medals.
  • Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (GNDU) stood 2nd with 24 gold, 27 silver, 17 bronze and Jain University, Karnataka stood 3rd with 16 gold, 10 silver, 6 bronze medals.
  • It is worth mentioning that this year the 3rd edition of the Khelo India University Games was organized in Uttar Pradesh from May 25 to June 3. These competitions were organized in Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Lucknow and Gautam Buddha Nagar.
  • The Khelo India University Games (KIUG) 2022 saw over 4000 athletes from over 200 universities competing in 21 sports across 12 competition days.
  • The mascot for the third edition of the Khelo India University Games was named Jeetu, representing the state animal of Uttar Pradesh, the Swamp Deer (Reindeer).
  • It is worth mentioning that the 1st edition of the Khehjkjlo India University Games was held in Odisha in the year 2020 and the 2nd edition was held in Bangalore, Karnataka in the year 2022 (shifted from 2021 to 2022 due to the Covid-19 pandemic).

Uttar Pradesh Switch to Hindi

'Uttar Pradesh Mathrubhumi Scheme'

Why in News?

According to the information received from the media on 2 June 2023, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the proposed 'Uttar Pradesh Mathrubhumi Yojana' of the Panchayati Raj Department.

Key Points:

  • Under the 'Uttar Pradesh Mathrubhumi Yojana', residents of Uttar Pradesh settled abroad will now be able to get community centres, Baraat Ghars and other such construction works done in their native villages in the memory of their relatives and forefathers.
  • It is known that a large number of people from Uttar Pradesh have left the rural environment who are living and working in different cities & states of the country and even abroad. Such people want to provide cooperation in the development of their native village of Uttar Pradesh, but due to the lack of any system in the past, they were not able to provide desired cooperation.
  • Under the scheme, if a person, a private organization wants to get development work done in a Gram Panchayat, development of infrastructure facilities & work permitted under Section 15 of the Panchayati Raj Act, and is willing to bear a minimum of 60 percent of the cost of the work as a donation. If so, the state government will bear the remaining 40% cost.
  • After the completion of the work, a plaque of the size and type prescribed by the state government will be installed on the top of the said building or infrastructure facility or according to the proposal of the person or institution that has cooperated.

 Switch to Hindi
SMS Alerts
Share Page