Bihar Switch to Hindi
Ganga Water Supply Scheme and Gayaji Dam got National Award
Why In News?
On March 3, 2023, at a special function organized by the Central Board of Irrigation and Power (CBIP) in Delhi, the Ganga Water Supply Scheme and the Gayaji Dam built on the Falgu River, included in the ambitious schemes of Bihar, were given the National Award by Union Minister RK Singh 'CBIP Award 2022' was given.
- The award for the above two schemes of the Water Resources Department of the Government of Bihar was received by Department Secretary Sanjay Kumar Agarwal and Engineer-in-Chief, Irrigation Creation Ishwar Chandra Thakur.
- State Water Resources Minister Sanjay Kumar Jha said that both the highly ambitious schemes receiving the prestigious National Award are the result of the unique vision and vision of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. These schemes have also been named 'Ganga Water Supply Scheme' and 'Gayaji Dam' on the instructions of the Chief Minister.
- He said that for the first time in the country, flood water is being taken to major water-stressed cities of South Bihar and used as drinking water through the Ganga Water Supply Scheme.
- Similarly, eight to ten feet of water is available in Falgu River due to the construction of the country's largest rubber dam near the world famous Vishnupad temple in Gaya district. Earlier, lakhs of devotees coming to Gaya from all over the country and world for Pind Daan and religious work used to yearn for the water of Falgu River, but last year about 12 lakh devotees who came during Pitra Paksha got a lot of convenience from the abundant water in Falgu.
- The Central Board of Irrigation and Power (CBIP), an institution established by the energy and non-conventional every year to the best projects in the field of water resources Central Government, is awarded the 'CBIP Award' energy.
- For the 'CBIP Award 2022 (Water Resources)', water resources projects across the country have been selected in a total of ten categories. Among these, 'Ganga Water Supply Scheme' and 'Gayaji Dam', implemented by the Water Resources Department of the Government of Bihar, have been selected in the category of 'Best Implementation of Water Resources'.
Switch to Hindi