Why In News?
- On October 2, 2022, Haryana has secured the second position in the country on the basis of Swachh Survekshan Gramin, 2022 for its ODF sustainability and excellent implementation of various components of ODF Plus in 2021-22 under Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin.
- Haryana has achieved this position in the category of states with a population of more than 30 lakh in the country.
- The award was received by Haryana Development and Panchayat Minister Devender Singh Babli from President Draupadi Murmu at a function held at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The Development and Panchayat Minister said that along with the officers of Development and Panchayat Development, sanitation soldiers, education department, women and child development department and people and institutions supporting community have also contributed significantly in this achievement.
- It is noteworthy that from September 17, the birthday of the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi to October 2, the birthday of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, Swachhta Pakhwada is celebrated every year across the country.
- During the same period, district level 'Swachhta Hi Sewa' program was also run in the state. Under this, cleanliness campaigns were conducted in every village and people were made aware about not using single use plastic and keeping their surroundings clean through rallies, prabhat pherios, signature campaigns, community support and other means.
- Devender Singh Babli said that Bhiwani district has come first in the rural cleanliness survey of the entire country. In 22 villages of Bhiwani district, special structures of rain and dirty water have been made and managed. Along with this, 24 ponds are being renovated and beautified under the Amrit Sarovar project in various villages of the district.
- He said that the Haryana government is also planning to collect garbage from every house in villages on the lines of cities.
Why In News?
- Mandeep Singh Chauhan of Karnal district of Haryana was honored with Rajat Kamal award by President Smt. Draupadi Murmu for documentary film produced by him at the 68th National Film Awards distribution ceremony on October 1, 2022.
- Filmmaker Mandeep Singh Chauhan received the award for his short film "Justice Delayed But Delivered". In the non-feature film category, the film was selected as the best film nationally.
- Along with Mandeep Singh Chauhan, the director of the film, Kamakhya Narayan Singh, a resident of Mumbai, was also felicitated by the President.
- The 2020 National Film Awards were recently announced by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and were distributed at a glittering ceremony held at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi. Dadasaheb Phalke Award, the country's best film industry award, was presented to eminent actress Asha Parekh at the same function.
- It is known that Mandeep Singh Chauhan, who received the National Film Award, originally belongs to Gondar village of Karnal district. Mandeep Singh Chauhan has been associated with several regional and national news channels to work as an assistant producer of many famous documentary films including 'Hindi in Bollywood'.
- Produced in Mandeep Singh Chauhan's documentary film Hindi, 'Justice Delayed But Delivered' is a story of decades of inhuman atrocities committed against the Valmiki community in Jammu and Kashmir due to the black provisions of the now-abolished Article 35-A of the Constitution.
- He was writing on Jammu and Kashmir affairs for years. Virendra Singh Chauhan points out that the amendment of Article 370 and the abolition of 35-A infused new light in the lives of millions like Radhika.
- He said that due to the secretly added Article 35-A, the Valmiki community there, including Radhika Gill, did not even have the right to apply for government jobs, let alone contest elections. This black article allowed them to become sanitation workers only and only.
Haryana is Among the Top 5 States of the Country in the Overall Progress in the Cleanliness Survey 2022
Why In News?
- Haryana has joined the top 5 states of the country in the overall progress in the cleanliness survey 2022 released under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi on October 1, 2022.
- Gurugram, Rohtak, Karnal, Panchkula and Ambala are among the top 100 cities in the Cleanliness Survey 2022. Dharuhera (25,000-50,000 population) and Bawani Khera (15,000-25,000 population) have won the fast moving city award. Haryana's Ambala Cantt is ranked 25th in the Cantonment Board-based rankings.
- It is known that Haryana's performance has improved significantly compared to 2021. Haryana was ranked 8th in the last cleanliness survey.
- It is noteworthy that awareness programs are being run by the Haryana Government from time to time and continuous monitoring of cleanliness is being done in various government offices, municipal corporation and municipal areas. As a result of this, the level of cleanliness in the state is constantly improving.
Switch to Hindi