Why In News?
According to the data released by the Centre for Monitoring of Indian Economy (CMIE), a body that monitors economic activity recently, the unemployment rate in Chhattisgarh in July was the lowest at 0.8 percent in the country, while the country's average unemployment rate was recorded at 6.9 percent.
- It is worth mentioning that for the past several months, Chhattisgarh has been consistently achieving the distinction of the state with the lowest unemployment rate in the country. Earlier, Chhattisgarh's unemployment rate in the month of May was 0.7 percent, while the country's unemployment rate was then recorded at 7.1 percent. In march and April also, Chhattisgarh's unemployment rate was the lowest in the country at 0.6 percent.
- According to the new CMIE data, 26.9 percent in Haryana, 20.2 percent in Jammu and Kashmir, 18.8 percent in Bihar, 13.7 percent in Goa, 13 percent in Tripura, 8.9 percent in Delhi, 7.7 percent in Punjab , Himachal Pradesh recorded an unemployment rate of 6.3 percent, Uttar Pradesh 3.3 percent, Gujarat 2.2 percent, Madhya Pradesh 2.0 percent.
- After the formation of the new government in Chhattisgarh three-and-a-half years ago, the government's focus was on schemes that balance the urban and rural economy and create new employment opportunities. Soon after the formation of the government, it was started with the liberation of farmers and waiver of pending irrigation tax.
- This was followed by Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay yojana, Godhan Nyaya Yojana, Suraji Gaon Yojana, Narwa-Garwa-Ghurwa-Bari programme, Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Landless Kisan Nyayojana, formulation of new industrial policy, better arrangements for collection of forest and agricultural produce, local processing of produce and value addition, Setting up of rural industrial parks, increase in collection rate of minor forest produce and procurement of 65 types of minor forest produce at support price, increase in tendu leaf collection remuneration rate, status of agriculture to fisheries and lakh production, promotion of traditional artisans, weavers and entrepreneurs, c-1 in every district. Several steps such as setting up of mart were taken.
- Chhattisgarh has continuously expanded its employment and income generation schemes. In the same order, recently, while expanding the Godhan Nyaya Yojana, we have also started the purchase of cow urine along with cow dung. Manure and pesticides will also be manufactured from cow urine procured, which will create new employment opportunities.
- The gothans constructed in village to village are also being upgraded to rural industrial park where processing units like oil mill, dal mill, mini rice mill are being set up. Various products are also being manufactured in the gothans.
Why In News?
In the meeting of Chhattisgarh State Wetland Authority held at Mantralaya Mahanadi Bhawan under the chairmanship of Forest and Climate Change Minister Mohammad Akbar on August 2, 2022, under the first phase of the action plan, expansion for the coordinated development of naturally available wetlands in the state. discussed with.
- In the meeting, it was taken a significant decision to include naturally available wetlands under the first phase of action plan for development of wetlands in the State.
- During this period, discussions were also held regarding preparation of list of natural wetlands in the State as well as preparation of their inventory etc. In addition, the functions of the newly constituted Chhattisgarh State Wetland Authority and selection of expert institutions for preparation of action plan for conservation and management of major wetlands of the State, etc., were discussed.
- The meeting approved creation of a new budget item for the Chhattisgarh state wetland authority for conservation and promotion of wetlands. Apart from this, the formation of District Level Committees for editing of field works for conservation of wetlands of the State was also discussed.
- It is to be mentioned that there are 35 thousand 534 wetlands in Chhattisgarh, out of which 7 thousand 711 are wetlands of more than 2.25 hectares and 27 thousand 823 are wetlands of less than 2.25 hectares. The area of all these wetlands is 3 lakh 37 thousand 966 hectares, which is 2.5 percent of the geographical area of the state.
Why In News?
On August 2, 2022, on the special initiative of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, keeping in view the public interest, the Chhattisgarh government decided to give a special discount of 24% in energy charges for up to 9 months to stand alone rolling mills in the state.
- Under the order issued by the Ministry of Energy, Government of Chhattisgarh, rolling mills have been provided 24 percent rebate in energy charges payable on the amount of electricity consumed during the period from July 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023.
- Due to this, advance payment of subsidy amount due to Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Limited Company will be made by the State Government to compensate for the loss.
- It is worth mentioning that in the situation arising out of the new electricity rates implemented by the Chhattisgarh State Electricity Regulatory Commission from April 1, 2022, stand alone rolling mills included in the HV-4 tariff cadre in the state, which are getting power from CSPDCL, should be made in competition. Keeping this in the public interest, this special exemption has been provided by the state government under the concessional package.
- It may be mentioned that there are 175 rolling mills in Chhattisgarh. There are 125 mills operating in Raipur. The continuous increase in coal prices and costly electricity has affected the operation of rolling mills. In order to maintain the operation of rolling mills, special relief has been given by giving exemption in energy charges, so that the workers working in rolling mills continue to get employment.
Switch to Hindi