Why In News?
On September 27, 2023, Dr. Anand Srivastava, Managing Director of Uttarakhand Transport Corporation, issued an order regarding the facility of unlimited cashless treatment under the health scheme to retired employees and their dependents.
- According to the order issued on the instructions of the Managing Director, salary level 1-5 employees, pensioners and family pensioners will have to contribute Rs 250 per month, salary level 6 employees will have to contribute Rs 450 per month, salary level 7-11 employees will have to contribute Rs 650 per month and salary level 12 employees will have to contribute Rs 1000 per month.
- Retired personnel from the Corporation can get the Golden Card by paying an annual contribution (12 months) on retirement after a minimum of 10 years of service.
- Those who deposit a one-time contribution of 10 years can avail themselves of the golden card facility for life.
- In this regard, instructions have been given to all divisional managers to ensure that the contribution of retired personnel and dependents who fill in the Golden Card form is deposited in the Corporation Fund.
Why In News?
On September 26-27, 2023, the Uttarakhand government signed MoUs with investors for an investment of Rs 9,000 crore during two-day roadshows in London and Birmingham as part of the international roadshow for the proposed Global Investors Summit in December.
- On the second day of the international roadshow on September 27, an MoU was signed on investment of Rs 7000 crore under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami, while on the first day an MoU of Rs 2000 crore was signed.
- As many as 80 industry houses from education, tourism, IT and health sectors participated in the meeting.
- Two separate MoUs with industry conglomerate Cayenne Jet include Rs 4,500 crore with Jet and Rs 1,000 crore with Usha Breco and Rs 1,500 crore with different companies in Birmingham.
- Kayan will invest in the jet cable car project, and it has also been agreed to develop ski resorts in Auli, Dayara Bugyal and Munsiyari. Usha Breco Limited will invest in ropeways in Haridwar and other districts.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister said that the government is constantly working towards making Uttarakhand a global tourism destination. There are many possibilities in wellness and rural tourism in the state.
- Rishikesh is known as the global capital of yoga and spirituality. Tourists from Europe and other countries come to the state every year in large numbers for yoga spirituality. The government is in talks with investors to set up a world-class convention centre.
Switch to Hindi