Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, shooter Anish Bhanwala from Karnal district of Haryana won the gold medal in shooting at the 36th National Games being held in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Anish Bhanwala has won this medal in the 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Men event.
- It is known that Bhim Awardee International Shooter Anish Bhanwala had brought laurels to the country and the state by winning two bronze medals in the 4th Suhler Cup Shooting Competition in Germany in August last year. He has also won a silver medal in the 25m rapid fire mix event of the ISSF Shooting World Cup competition in Changwon, South Korea.
- Apart from this, Anish has won gold and silver medals during the International Shooting Sports World Championship matches in Cairo, Egypt in March this year.
- In view of the achievements of Anish at a young age, the Haryana Government has honored him with the Bhim Award. The youngest player to win gold in shooting in the Commonwealth Games of the year-2018, Anish has received the award from the President twice and has also received the honor from Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- It is noteworthy that on September 29, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the 36th National Games, which are being held in the country after seven years. Apart from Ahmedabad in Gujarat, these games are being held in Gandhinagar, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot and Bhavnagar.
Switch to Hindi