Why In News?
- On August 1, 2022, Pankaj Kumar, secretary, Backward and Most Backward Welfare Department of Bihar, informed that the Bihar government will provide online coaching free of cost to the backward and most backward class girl students preparing for medical and engineering in the state.
- Secretary Pankaj Kumar said that apart from the girl students studying in girls' residential schools, the girl students studying in backward and most backward class hostels will also get the benefit of this scheme.
- It is worth mentioning that the Social Welfare Department will start online education in girls residential higher secondary schools of backward and most backward classes in all 38 districts of Bihar. More than 35 thousand girl students will get the benefit of this.
- The girl students preparing for medical and engineering on behalf of the government will also get free internet. In addition, the girl students will also be given study materials of famous coaching centres. There will also be a special class for the girl students in a week, so that there is no problem or trouble in the preparation.
- Pankaj Kumar said that the social welfare department has prepared for the entire scheme to run online classes on TV screens, internet and white boards.
Why In News?
- On July 31, 2022, Additional Chief Secretary (Mines and Petroleum) Dr. Subodh Agrawal informed that the e-auction of iron ore mining block of Bagawas block of Jaipur has been done at 452 percent more than the reserve price, which is more than the mining blocks of the entire country. The highest in auction history.
- Dr. Subodh Agarwal said that this is the highest ever premium amount in the entire country since the Mineral Auction Rules, 2015 came into effect. Earlier, Madhya Pradesh had received the highest bid of 320 percent in the auction of mineral rock phosphate blocks.
- Dr. Agarwal said that in the final auction process for allotment of 5.9266 hectares of iron ore block at Bagawas near Viratnagar in Jaipur district, the highest bid by the department was made by Shubh Lohia Prof. Bharat Coal Traders Bhatinda, Punjab put up 45.2 per cent.
- He informed that the auction of this mining block of Iron Ore of Bagawas is likely to fetch the state government a revenue of Rs 119.65 crore in the next 50 years, including royalty, premium, DMFT, NMET etc.
- The Additional Chief Secretary said that with the presence of abundant reserves of iron ore in Rajasthan, the department is preparing blocks for new exploration and auction.
- Jaipur, Sikar, Jhunjhunu, Karauli, Bhilwara and Alwar have abundant reserves of mineral iron ore. At present, a total of 16 mining leases of iron ore including 4 in Jaipur , 3 in Sikar, 6 in Jhunjhunu, 2 in Bhilwara and 1 in Alwar are functional in the state and according to an estimate, they are generating an annual revenue of more than Rs. 50 crore.
Why In News?
- The Government of India honored Rajasthan for its excellent work in the Agriculture Infrastructure Fund scheme at a function held in New Delhi on July 30, 2022.
- At the function, Minister of Agriculture, Government of India, Narendra Singh Tomar and Minister of State for Agriculture Kailash Chaudhary gave away the awards to Principal Secretary (Agriculture) of Rajasthan Dinesh Kumar and Registrar (Cooperation) Muktanand Agarwal.
- Rajasthan has received this award for securing the second position as the Rising State in the Agri Infra Fund Scheme.
- Registrar Muktanand Agarwal informed that the state ranks second in the country in terms of projects (amounting to Rs 747.17 crore) approved in the Agri Infra Fund Scheme. A total of 781 projects have been approved in the State. The state also ranks second in the country in terms of loan amount disbursed (Rs 559.50 crore) for the projects. So far, a total of 713 projects have been given loans in the state.
- Agriculture Infrastructure Fund scheme is a scheme for development of infrastructure in the agriculture sector. Under the scheme , an interest subvention of 3% is payable on this scheme by providing credit facility to primary agricultural cooperatives, marketing cooperative societies, farmers' produce organizations, self-help groups, startups, agricultural entrepreneurs, etc. The duration of the scheme for interest subvention benefit is from 2020-21 to 2032-33.
- The Registrar informed that the scheme will benefit units such as warehouse, silo, cold chain logistics facility, pack house, e-marketing platform, grading and sorting, primary processing centre, fruit cooking room etc.
- Units for production of organic inputs in community agriculture projects, infrastructure development for smart and precision farming, development of supply chain infrastructure in clusters, PPP based projects in these sectors etc.
- The Agri-Processing, Agri-Business and Agri-Export Promotion Policy 2019 of the Government of Rajasthan along with the said A.I.F. The scheme has been incorporated in which capital grant is being given upto a maximum of 50% and interest subvention of maximum 6%.
- The benefits of the said schemes are also being extended to the co-operative societies by incorporating the scheme of NABARD to convert PACKS and LAMPS into Multi-Service Centres. The Department of Cooperation in the State has been made the nodal department for implementation of the scheme.
Why In News?
- On August 1, 2022, Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated 119 kms of Indore costing Rs. 2300 crores. He laid the foundation stone of 5 long road projects and inaugurated one-way side amenity.
- Speaking on the occasion, Union Minister Gadkari said that non-conventional source of fuel should be used in vehicles to get rid of pollution. For this, vehicles powered by non-conventional sources such as electric, bio-gas, bio-diesel, green hydrogen, bio-methanol, etc. should be promoted.
- The Union Minister said that the roads and its adjoining structures are being developed rapidly by the Central Government. After 2014, in Madhya Pradesh alone, works worth Rs.2.5 lakh crore have been sanctioned, constructed and in progress. It will be increased to Rs.4 lakh crore by 2024 .
- He announced approval of various road related development projects in Madhya Pradesh on the request of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan. This mainly includes works related to 20 flyovers and ropeways at 14 locations.
- Union Minister of State for Road Transport V.K. Addressing the program virtually, Singh said that 52 districts of Madhya Pradesh have been connected by National Highway. Roads are developing rapidly. This will benefit the Dhar-Pithampur industrial area along with the improvement of transport. The construction of roads will increase industry, trade and employment.
- Ropeway construction scheme will be started in the urban areas of Madhya Pradesh with the aim of facilitating the traffic and providing better connectivity to the tourists. To give the basic basis to this scheme, MoU was signed between Madhya Pradesh Public Works Department and National Highway Logistics Management Limited, a Government of India company at Brilliant Convention Center.
- For construction of ropeway, Madhya Pradesh government from railway station to Mahakal Mandir Ujjain, Ramraja Mandir Orchha, Gwalior Fort to Phulbagh, Kolkata to Nadra Bus Stand Bhopal via Govindpura, Gol Jod Tiraha (Kolar Road) to New Market Bhopal, Rahli Patan Marg From Tikitoria Mata Mandir Rahali, Mandu Entrance to Rupmati Mahal, Siddhavarkoot Jain Temple to Rajeshwar Ashram Omkareshwar, Narmada River Bank to Selani Island Omkareshwar, Ranehfall to Ken River Bank Khajuraho, Raisen Parking to Raisen Fort, Shiv Temple Parking to Chauragarh Shiv Temple Pachmarhi Kapil Dhara sites have been selected from Doodh Dhara in Patalkot, Tamia and Amarkantak.
- It is noteworthy that the construction of ropeway will not only develop transport in the state focusing on sustainable development and environment protection, but it will also fulfill the goals like minimum land acquisition, pollution control and reducing carbon footprint.
Why In News?
- On August 1, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Principal Secretary (Tourism and Culture) Shiv Shekhar Shukla and Principal Secretary (Urban Development and Housing) Sanjay Dubey reviewed two projects related to Orchha at Hotel Taj Lakefront.
- In this, the presentation and key points were discussed in relation to the preparation of the nomination dossier for the inclusion of Orchha in the 'UNESCO' World Heritage and the Management Plan in the 'Historic Urban Landscape' of UNESCO.
- Principal Secretary Shiv Shekhar Shukla instructed to implement the schemes only on the suggestion given by UNESCO and Drona Sanstha. At the same time, he talked about taking all possible efforts and necessary action to include Orchha in the list of UNESCO World Heritage.
- Director of 'Drona' Dr. Shikha Jain made a presentation of the nomination dossier being made to include Orchha in the UNESCO World Heritage.
- Nishant Upadhyay, Consultant, UNESCO, briefed about the management plan being prepared by UNESCO in the 'Historical Urban Landscape' and the work done on the ground.
- UNESCO New Delhi's Culture Sector Head Junhi Han said that the cultural and historical heritage of Orchha is a matter of pride not only for Madhya Pradesh but for the whole of India.
- It is noteworthy that in the year 2021, Gwalior and Orchha have been selected by UNESCO to prepare a Management Plan in Historic Urban Landscape. These cities have been selected by UNESCO for the first time not only in India but in the countries of South Asia.
Why In News?
- On July 30, 2022, the newly constructed National Highway No.152D from Ambala to Narnaul was opened to the public for testing.
- While giving this information, Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala said that the National Highway-152D project will reduce the travel time from Ambala to Jaipur by 4 to 5 hours. This will lead to major diversion of traffic of NCR, due to which the problem of pollution will also be solved.
- Also, it will provide the shortest, fastest and safest route from Ambala to Kotputli on Jaipur Highway and will accelerate the pace of all-round industrial development and economic development of Haryana.
- This National Highway No.-152D is a 6-lane Access Controls Greenfield Corridor constructed under Bharat Mala Project, which is about 227 km from Ismaila bad (Ganghedi) in Kurukshetra district to Narnaul. is long.
- The highway is part of the Ambala-Kotputli corridor, which passes through about 112 villages of 8 different districts of Haryana - Kurukshetra, Kaithal, Karnal, Jind, Rohtak, Bhiwani, Charkhi Dadri and Mahendragarh. It is further connected to Narnaul bypass and then nh-148B, which meets the Delhi-Jaipur highway at Paniyala turn near Kotputli.
- This entire corridor is full of advance traffic management system and close tolling system. A total of 16 different locations of interchange have been constructed for entry and exit and every incident on the highway will be closely monitored through ATMs by the control centre.
- Keeping in view the convenience of the people, this ambitious project has also constructed world class side amenities at six places where proper arrangements have been made for people to provide toilet facilities, trauma centres, petrol pumps, kiosk restaurants, dhabas, children's parks, trucks and trailer parking, etc. In addition, interchange at 16 locations, 2 main toll plazas and 8 ROBs have also been provided in the project.
- About 2,000 hectares of land has been acquired in this project, on which compensation of about Rs.3000 crore has been disbursed to the farmers and its civil construction work has cost about Rs.6,000 crore.
- The Deputy Chief Minister described the national highway as a new dimension to the industrial sector of the state. He said that till now, the investors who used to give preference to set up their industries in the NCR region, etc., will now be keen to set up industries in the districts falling in this national highway as well.
- The highway has been developed as high speed Axis Controlled prohibiting slow speed vehicles such as motorcycles and other two wheelers, three wheelers, non-motorized vehicles, tractors with or without trailers, multi-axle hydraulic trailer vehicles, quadri cycles, etc.
Why In News?
- On August 1, 2022, Jharkhand's Minister of Women, Child Development and Social Security Department Joba Manjhi launched the state-level programme at the launch of 'World Breastfeeding Week' at Palash Auditorium, Doranda. The event will run from August 1 to 7.
- On this occasion, the minister got 7 children done Annaprashan and flagged off the awareness chariot related to the program.
- The theme of World Breastfeeding Week-2022 is 'Promotion of Breastfeeding and Education and Cooperation'.
- Minister Joba Manjhi said that through this programme, the message will be spread among pregnant and lactating mothers that the women who give birth to the child should be fed the mother's milk within one hour of the birth of the child. This milk is very useful for the all-round development of the baby.
- He said that the society has to be made aware that the mother should not give any food to her child in the first 6 months other than her milk, in which the necessary nutrients for the baby are available. After 6 months it is necessary to give the upper diet with the right amount and the right nutrients. At the same time, nutritious food should be given along with breastfeeding for 2 years, so that the children can stay healthy.
- Joba Manjhi said that it is very important to make people aware so that an anemia-free, malnutrition-free society can be built. It is only by becoming aware that the mortality rate of children will be reduced and only healthy children will create a healthy society.
- He said that the work has to be done to give the right direction to the adolescent girls also. It is necessary to educate the girls to keep them healthy, to make them free from anemia and to get married at the right time and to conceive in a mature body.
Why In News?
- On August 1, 2022, an official of the Chhattisgarh Public Relations Department said that Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has directed to rename three villages of Raipur and Balodabazar-Bhatapara districts to give a new identity to the great men and centres of faith of Chhattisgarh to suit the sentiments of the people.
- The three villages which have been directed by the Chief Minister to be renamed are Chandkhuri in Raipur district and Girodpuri and Sonakhan villages of Balodabazar-Bhatapara district.
- After the chief minister's directive, Chandkhuri, which is now considered to be the birthplace of Kaushalya, the mother of Lord Shri Ram, will be renamed as 'Mata Kaushalya Dham Chandkhuri'.
- Similarly, Girodpuri, the popular pilgrimage centre of Satnam panth, will be called 'Baba Guru Ghasidas Dham Girodpuri' and Sonakhan will be renamed as 'Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh Dham Sonakhan'.
- It is worth mentioning that Chandkhuri, which is involved in the state's ambitious 'Ram Van Gaman' tourism circuit project, is considered to be the birthplace of Kaushalya, the mother of Lord Shri Ram. Here is the temple of Mata Kaushalya in the middle of the pond, which was built in the 10th century.
- Giroudpuri is the largest religious-social center of the Satnam Panth. This small village in Balodabazar-Bhatapara district, situated in the basin of Mahanadi, is the birthplace and tapobhoomi of 18th century Satnam saint and great social reformer Baba Guru Ghasidas.
- Veer Narayan Singh, a freedom fighter born in Sonakhan, is considered to be the first martyr of Chhattisgarh in the revolt of 1857. Veer Narayan Singh was hanged by the British on December 10, 1857 at Jaistambh Chowk in Raipur.
Why In News?
- On August 1, 2022, the Chief Wildlife Conservator of Uttarakhand, Dr. Sinha said, the National Board of Wildlife has given permission for transfer of forest land for construction of two border roads of Uttarkashi district along the international border with China.
- The meeting of the National Board for Wildlife held at Chandrapur in Maharashtra was 28 km. The proposal to transfer 62.05 hectares of forest land to the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) for these two long roads was given the green signal. Now soon the construction of these roads of strategic importance will start.
- Proposals for ropeway for Kedarnath and Hemkund Sahib were also placed in the meeting of National Wildlife Board. Some information was incomplete in the proposals related to these two ropeways. In view of this, these could not be discussed and the board postponed them for the next meeting.
- It is worth mentioning that in the meeting of Uttarakhand State Wildlife Board in the year 2020, 30.29 hectare for two roads falling under Gangotri National Park-Sumla to Thangla (11 km) and Mandi to Sangchokla (17 km) in Uttarkashi district respectively. And the proposal for transfer of 31.26 hectares of forest land was approved. It was sent to the National Board for Wildlife for approval.
Switch to Hindi