Why in News?
On 31 May 2023, the Uttarakhand Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami approved the proposal to provide scholarships to meritorious students of degree colleges and universities of the state.
- Under this, students studying in government universities and government degree colleges will get scholarships.
- Under the Chief Minister's Higher Education Scholarship Scheme, a scholarship of Rs 3000 will be given to those who stand first in every faculty of every college in graduation, Rs 2000 to the second position holders and Rs 1000 to the third position holders.
- The first prize winner will get Rs 5000, the second runner-up Rs 3000 and the third prize winner will get Rs 2000 per month.
Why In News?
On 31 May 2023, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami released the books 'Ganga Ke Prahari' and 'Swachhata Hi Seva' by young litterateur Lalit Shaurya of the state.
- Describing the books as beneficial for public awareness towards river conservation and cleanliness, the Chief Minister said that in the book 'Ganga Ke Prahari', information about rivers has been told about the cleanliness of rivers along with information through stories.
- At the same time, the stories related to cleanliness in the book 'Swachhata Hi Seva' will be helpful in taking the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan to the people along with cleanliness.
Switch to Hindi