Why In News?
- On 30 September 2022, Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary Durga Shankar Mishra reviewed the preparations for the 81st Annual Convention of the Indian Road Congress (IRC) to be held at Indira Gandhi Pratishthan, Lucknow from 8 to 11 October.
- It is worth noting that the last such event was held in Lucknow in 1985, which was the Golden Jubilee session of the IRC.
- In this session, IRC will discuss the introduction of new technology and maintenance of roads. Road sector experts from various institutes in the country and abroad will present their research papers on new and low cost technologies and other issues related to this field.
- It is known that the Indian Road Congress (IRC) is the apex body of highway engineers in the country. The IRC was established in December 1934 on the recommendations of the Indian Road Development Committee, popularly known as the Jayakar Committee, set up by the government. Its aim is to develop roads in India.
- The IRC was formally registered as a society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 on September 24, 1937.
- Established in 1934 with 73 members, the IRC currently has over 50 lakh affiliates (direct/indirect) and over 17,300 registered members, including central and state governments, public sector, research institutes, local bodies, private sector, recipients Engineers and practitioners from all stakeholders of the road sector from multilateral and institutional organizations such as contractors, consultants, equipment manufacturers, machinery manufacturers, material manufacturers and suppliers, industrial associations, World Bank, ADB, JICA, JRA, IRF etc.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, Sandeep Paundrik, Principal Secretary, Industries Department in Bihar informed that the state's first multi-modal logistic park would be developed in a hundred acres of land near Jaitia village in Patna district.
- It is known that multi-modal logistics park is a kind of large warehouse, which is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. There is a system of cold storage, mechanized handling, parking for large vehicles and custom clearance.
- As of now, there is not a single logistics park in Bihar. After its formation, e-commerce companies will be able to store their product.
- Near Jaitia village of Patna district, this place is close to the under-construction Amas-Darbhanga four lane due to which it will get direct connectivity to many districts. Apart from this, it is also close to Neura-Diyawan railway line. Due to this there is also rail connectivity.
- In recent times many big investors have shown their interest in developing Logistic Park in Bihar. These include Adani Group, Oswal Group, TVS Group and some other groups. Organized area will be prepared for Logistic Park by them.
- Top officials of the Industries Department said that the Industries Department is also preparing to bring its logistics policy soon.
- The business of e-commerce companies has expanded on a large scale in Bihar. Their problem is that they do not have enough warehouses to store their products. Transportation charges also increase. Having a logistics park will give them enough space to store their products. Transportation will also be arranged in the logistics park.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, Additional Chief Secretary, Public Health Engineering and Ground Water, Dr. Subodh Agrawal approved mega projects worth Rs 1062 crore 77 lakh for Pratapgarh district of the state.
- Dr. Subodh Agrawal informed that 524 villages of Pratapgarh, Arnod and Peepalkhunt areas of Pratapgarh district have got approval for these projects to provide water to every household from Jakham dam.
- Under this drinking water scheme, the drinking water problem of 136 of Pratapgarh Panchayat Samiti, 106 of Dhamottar, 83 of Arnod, 103 of Dalot and 96 of Suhagpura Panchayat Samiti, i.e., a total of 524 villages and Dhanis will be solved from Jakham dam in Pratapgarh district.
- This project has been prepared keeping in mind the drinking water demand of 55 liters per person per day for the year 2053 with a projected population of 6 lakh 17 thousand 407. Under the Jal Jeevan Mission, 82 thousand 525 water connections will be given to every household from this project.
- It is noteworthy that in order to provide pure drinking water from Mahi Dam to 399 villages of Kushalgarh and Sajjangarh Panchayat Samiti of Banswara district, a drinking water project worth Rs. 211 crore 60 lakh has also been given administrative and financial approval.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the ' Saur Krishi Aajeevika Yojana to help farmers set up solar power plants on their unused or barren land.
- The 'Saur Krishi Aajeevika Yojana' will facilitate farmers to earn a livelihood by giving their unused land to set up solar power plants at remunerative lease rate and raise their standard of living.
- An online portal has been developed under the scheme, where farmers/land owners can register their land for leasing out for setting up solar power plants.
- The land developers can view the land details put up by the said farmers on the portal and set up solar power plants as per rules.
- With the Saur Krishi Aajeevika Yojana, developers will also be able to easily get central grant (30 percent of the cost) under the PM Kusum Yojana for setting up plants.
- The state government will enter into a tripartite agreement between the land owner/farmer, the developer and the concerned discom or company, to ensure that the land owner/farmer is protected from risk.
- With this decision, the state government's goal of making Rajasthan a green energy state will also be achieved by increasing solar energy production and reducing the dependence on traditional sources of energy will reduce the level of environmental pollution and bring relief to the common man.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, President Draupadi Murmu conferred 2 National Film Awards on Madhya Pradesh at the 68th National Film Awards ceremony at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- Madhya Pradesh Tourism, Culture and Religious Trust and Endowment Minister Usha Thakur won the 'Most Film Friendly State' and Principal Secretary Tourism and Culture Shiv Shekhar Shukla won the Rajat Kamal Award for 'Mandal Ke Bol' in the Best Ethnographic Film category in Non-Feature Film. and received certificates. Also, Rajendra Jangle, director of the film 'Mandal Ke Bol', was also honored with the Rajat Kamal Award.
- 'Mandal Ke Bol' has won the National Film Award in the Best Ethnographic Film category in a non-feature film. The film showcases the life and rural surroundings of the Baiga tribe in Madhya Pradesh. Produced by The Madhya Pradesh Tribal Museum and directed by Rajendra Jangle, the 27-minute film has commentary and music. The melodious music along with the scenes of the film makes the film very special.
- The National Film Awards were announced by the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting on July 22, 2022.
- Principal Secretary Shiv Shekhar Shukla said that the film policy of the state has included attractive aspects like grant to filmmakers, grant of permission in public service guarantee within the time limit, single window system etc. Madhya Pradesh attracts filmmakers spontaneously with its natural beauty and attractive location.
- More than 350 films, serials, web series and other projects have been shot in Madhya Pradesh, which has received the Most Film Friendly State Award. Currently shooting of 7 film projects Pinch, Tiwari, Chanderi Handloom The Woven Motifs, Mahal, The Master Squad, Kartam Bhugatam, Parakram is going on.
- It is worth noting that Madhya Pradesh is the only state in the country, which has included the permission of projects in the Public Service Guarantee Act. The Act provides for permission to shoot a film in 15 working days. Also, it is the first state which has included web series, OTT original content, TV serials and documentaries in the grant given in the film policy.
- Single window clearance facility is available for all filming permissions in the state. In order to implement the film tourism policy at the district level, an ADM level officer has been appointed as the nodal officer for filming permission in each district.
- Madhya Pradesh is called the theatre hub. There is availability of both senior and junior artists. Under the film policy, there is a provision for exemption from the stay of film crew in hotels and resorts of the Tourism Department, including additional financial grant for local artists of the state. Also, for the development of the film industry in the state, there is a provision to set up film cities, film studios, skill development centers etc., encourage private investment and reserve land etc.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, shooter Anish Bhanwala from Karnal district of Haryana won the gold medal in shooting at the 36th National Games being held in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Anish Bhanwala has won this medal in the 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Men event.
- It is known that Bhim Awardee International Shooter Anish Bhanwala had brought laurels to the country and the state by winning two bronze medals in the 4th Suhler Cup Shooting Competition in Germany in August last year. He has also won a silver medal in the 25m rapid fire mix event of the ISSF Shooting World Cup competition in Changwon, South Korea.
- Apart from this, Anish has won gold and silver medals during the International Shooting Sports World Championship matches in Cairo, Egypt in March this year.
- In view of the achievements of Anish at a young age, the Haryana Government has honored him with the Bhim Award. The youngest player to win gold in shooting in the Commonwealth Games of the year-2018, Anish has received the award from the President twice and has also received the honor from Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- It is noteworthy that on September 29, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the 36th National Games, which are being held in the country after seven years. Apart from Ahmedabad in Gujarat, these games are being held in Gandhinagar, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot and Bhavnagar.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, a two-member team, including the Country's G-20 Director (Ministry of Home Affairs), interacted with Jharkhand DGP Neeraj Sinha at Ranchi Police Headquarters and informed that the next G-20 countries meeting will be held in Ranchi city of the state.
- Jharkhand DGP Neeraj Sinha said that the G-20 (Organization of Developing and Developed Countries of the World) meeting will be held in Ranchi on February 16-17 and March 16-17, 2023 .
- The venue of the meeting will be the Coal India Conference Hall in Ranchi. About 540 delegates from G-20 countries will participate in it.
- It is known that the G-20 meeting is currently going on in Indonesia. In India, the G-20 meeting is scheduled to be held in about 50 cities from December 2022 .
- This is the first time that such a meeting is going to be held in Jharkhand. Apart from India, China, Germany, France, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Representatives from South Korea, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States will attend.
- During the two-day meeting in Ranchi, the representatives of the G-20 countries will be provided security here according to their security grade, for example, if someone has already got Z or Z+ level security, then he will be given the same security here. Appropriate security will be given. With this, the venue of the event will be completely transformed into a cantonment.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced the launch of Siyan helpline for the elderly in the state from November 1 (State Formation Day) on the occasion of International Day of Older Persons.
- This helpline will help in providing assistance to the elderly, whose children are working abroad or in other places of the country, in emergency situations. In this regard, the Chief Minister has issued instructions to the Chief Secretary and asked him to ensure the arrangement of helpline after discussing with the police and social welfare department.
- In view of the lack of effective arrangements in the state to help such elderly people who are alone in the house and whose children are working outside the state, the Chief Minister has taken the initiative to start the Siyan Helpline with sensitivity.
- The Chief Minister said that elaborate arrangements have been made in Chhattisgarh for respectful environment, protection of life and property, medical care, shelter and legal protection in the society towards senior citizens. Pension amount is being provided to the elderly through 'Mukhyamantri Pension Yojana' and 'Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme'.
- As many as 31 old age homes are being run in 23 districts of the state to provide free accommodation, food, clothing, medical and family environment to the destitute elderly. The state government is trying to run at least one old age home in each district so that the destitute elderly can get shelter.
- Chief Minister Baghel said that palliative care homes have been started in Kabirdham, Durg and Balod districts for their medical and care for the elderly, who are suffering from serious illness or are completely dependent on others for their daily activities due to old age.
- Senior Citizen Auxiliary Equipment Supply Scheme is being operated to provide services of assistive devices, medical care to the elderly according to their need to solve the problem of old age. Through this, equipment's like walkers, crutches, sticks, wheel chairs, glasses, hearing aids are provided to the elderly.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, Chhattisgarh Governor Anusuiya Uikey signed the Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda Technical University (Amendment) Bill, 2022. The bill was passed by the Chhattisgarh Assembly on July 25, 2022.
- The amendment bill amends sub-section (2) of Section 13 of the Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda Technical University Act, 2004 (No. 25, 2004 ).
- After this amendment, the term of vice-chancellor of Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda Technical University has been increased from 4 years to 5 years or till attaining the age of 70 years, whichever is earlier. At the same time, the restriction of his eligibility for appointment of more than two terms has also been abolished.
- Apart from this, by this amendment bill, clauses (Eight) and (Nine) of sub-section (1) of section 22 of the principal Act, clauses (eight), (nine) and clauses (Ten) have been substituted. In this amendment, the Director/CEO in-charge of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)/Bhilai Steel Plant (BSP), Bhilai, ex-officio. Provision has been made to include the Executive Director (Personnel and Administration) as a member of the Executive Council of the University.
Why In News?
- On 30 September 2022, Chhattisgarh Governor Anusuiya Uikey signed the Chhattisgarh Electricity Duty (Amendment) Bill, 2022. In this amendment, there has been a percentage increase in the rates of effective energy charges for different consumer categories.
- 1 and 2 mentioned in Part A (Section 3(1)(a) of the Bill, respectively, the rate of effective duty in percentage of current energy charges for domestic consumers was increased by 3 percent from 8 percent to 11 percent and the current effective rate for non-domestic consumer to 12 percent. After 5 percent increase, 17 percent fee has been fixed.
- Similarly, in Part A (Section 3(1) (a)), the duty has been increased for various consumer categories and industrial units, small and medium industries etc. from simple no.3 to 13. The highest rate of the schedule has been fixed for Saral No.14 and 15.
- Similarly, in section 3(1) (b) of Part B, simple no. There has been no change in the rates of duty for the consumers of 16, that is, for electricity consumption obtained through open access outside the state.
- 17, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 24 of Part-C (Section 3(1)(c)) of the Bill, the rates of duty in percentage of energy charges for generating companies, private and public companies of the State etc. have been increased and the duty for the generating units mentioned in Saral No. 18 has been kept unchanged.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, the winning cities were announced in the Indian Cleanliness League (ISL) of the Cleanliness Survey. In this, seven urban bodies of Chhattisgarh are at number one and one is at second place.
- The prize distribution function of Swachhta Survekshan (Cleanliness Survey) 2022, organized on the occasion of Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi, will be held on October 1, 2022 at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
- The awards will be presented by the President and the Union Minister at the event. The details of the awards are yet to be announced by the Government of India. The details of the awards will be received by the President after the inauguration of the award dashboard.
- Under different sections in the Indian Sanitation League, Bhatgaon and Mana Camp in urban bodies with a population of less than 15 thousand, Khairagarh in a population of 15 to 25 thousand, Jashpur Nagar and Kondagaon in a body with a population of 25 to 50 thousand, from 50 thousand Birgaon in 1 lakh, Ambikapur has secured first place in population of 1 lakh to 3 lakh, while Raipur has secured second place among cities with population more than 10 lakh.
- All 169 urban bodies of the state have participated for the cleanliness survey 2022. For this, the survey team had been visiting the bodies continuously for the last 8 months. The progress of Swachh Bharat Mission along with state-sponsored schemes like Mission Clean City, Swachhta Shringar, Suvidha 24, Godhan Nyay Yojana, Nidan-1100, Nishtha etc. was inspected by the survey team. After inspection of the bodies, the condition of ODF was found to be good as in the previous years.
- All 169 urban bodies of the state have participated for the cleanliness survey 2022. For this, the survey team has been continuously visiting the bodies for the last 8 months. The survey team inspected the progress of Swachh Bharat Mission along with state-sponsored schemes like Mission Clean City, Swachhta Shringar, Suvidha 24, Godhan Nyay Yojana, Nidan-1100, Nishtha etc. in the bodies. After inspection of the bodies, the condition of ODF was found to be as good as in the previous years.
- In the event organized this time, the state’s largest body in the country, Chhattisgarh is expected to be
- The performance of the state bodies is also expected to be excellent in the public awareness representatives organized by the state government during the Amrit Mahotsav, such as cleanliness of statues of great men by citizens, branding of squares, maintenance of monuments etc. The award function of Swachh Survekshan is being organized at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, Additional Chief Secretary, Urban Development and Housing, Uttarakhand, Anandvardhan informed about the setting up of separate cities in Uttarakhand on the lines of Mohali, a sub-city of Chandigarh.
- The Uttarakhand Housing and Development Council has invited applications from private developers regarding the setting up of separate cities in the state. This township can be developed in three categories.
- Neighborhood- It will be a small township. This township can be developed only on six hectares to 20 hectares in plain areas and three hectares to ten hectares in mountainous areas.
- Township- This township can be developed on 20 to 40 hectares of land in plain areas and 10 to 20 hectares of land in mountainous areas.
- Special Township- This township will be developed on more than 40 hectares of land in plain areas and more than 20 hectares in mountainous areas.
- The purpose of this scheme of the Uttarakhand government is to reduce the burden of old cities and people get state-of-the-art facilities in new cities. All townships will be monitored by the Uttarakhand Housing and Development Council.
- The government has constituted a task force to implement the scheme. The applications received will be surveyed. Experts will tell whether a township can be developed on the land concerned. After this, the master plan of that place will be prepared. The developer will have to provide basic facilities like roads, electricity, water at that place.
- Developers will get support from the council in all government works, from land use change to master plan, registration with RERA, although government fees will have to be deposited.
- The cities that will be built on the lines of Mohali will have complete facilities from schools, colleges to hospitals and playgrounds.
- Just as Mohali has been divided into sectors, the cities of Uttarakhand can also be divided into sectors. In this, separate space will be reserved for special sectors, such as IT companies or other employment companies.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami inaugurated the bridge over the important Ranipokhari Jakhan river on Rishikesh-Bhaniawala motor road and Sheetla river in Lumberpur Langha motorway under Vidhansabha Vikasnagar in a program organized in Doiwala.
- Significantly, after the bridge collapsed in 2021 last year, the process of building a new bridge was started in January 2022. The working organization Himalayan Construction completed the construction of the bridge on 6th July.
- Chief Minister Dhami said that this is an important bridge connecting Rishikesh, Garhwal etc. with the capital. Apart from the local public, the bridge will also facilitate the tourists.
- 15 km of Bhaniyawala Marg motorway under Doiwala development block of the district from Central Road Infrastructure Fund. A girder bridge of 280 meters span has been constructed. The sanctioned cost for Ranipokhari bridge was Rs 16.18 crore.
- Chief Minister Dhami said that work on Rishikesh-Karnprayag rail line and Delhi-Dehradun elevated road is going on at a fast pace. After the completion of the elevated road project, the distance between Delhi and Dehradun will be completed in two hours.
- The Chief Minister said that on the lines of Chardham road project, Manaskhand Corridor has also been decided as the flagship project of the state and work has been started on it. The journey from the all-weather road has now become smooth and safe.
Switch to Hindi