World Tribal Day celebration in Mangarh Dham
- 11 Aug 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
On August 9, 2023, World Tribal Day celebrations were organized at Mangarh Dham in Banswara district of Rajasthan, in which Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot made several announcements for the tribal area.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said that it is the dream of the state government to ensure the all-round development of the tribal areas. The state government has ensured that every person is benefited by running public welfare schemes for a particular area while fulfilling the responsibility towards the tribals.
- He said that if Mangarh was not declared a national monument by the Central Government, now the state government would spend Rs 100 crore for the development of Dham.
- It is known that thousands of tribals sacrificed their lives under the leadership of Govind Guru for the independence of the country. A state holiday has been declared by the state government for his martyrdom.
- Also, works have started at a cost of Rs 135 crore for other works including a bridge at Beneshwar Dham in the area.
- The construction work of an additional high level canal worth Rs 2500 crore has started for the farmers and the common man.
- Scholarships worth Rs 200 crore have been distributed to students of tribal areas. Also, thousands of students are living in 219 hostels and shaping their future.
- Chief Minister's announcements for tribal areas:
- A bridge will be built on Bhairavji temple located in Mangarh area. It will cost Rs 37 crore.
- The state government has decided to transfer 2000 outstation teachers working in the TSP area. This will now give teachers in this field an opportunity to teach.
- Along with the TSP area, Maa-Wadi centers will also be opened in other places of the state.
- One lakh children of the state, including tribal areas, will be able to study in hostels. For this, the number of hostels will be increased.
- At the function, MP Rahul Gandhi unveiled the logo of Annapurna Food Packet & Smartphone Scheme and handed over packets & smartphones to a beneficiary.