Women and Child Development Minister inaugurates Rashtriya Amrita Haat
- 24 Dec 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On December 23, 2022, Rajasthan Women and Child Development Minister Mamta Bhupesh inaugurated the Rashtriya Amrita Haat at Shilpagram on Jawahar Kala Kendra campus in Jaipur.
- Women and Child Development Minister Mamta Bhupesh said that this fair will be held from December 23 to January 1, 2023, in which Jaipur will be able to buy their favorite products.
- Speaking on the occasion, he said that the products made by Women from Rural Areas are an example of excellent Workmanship and skills and Jaipur Rights can also contribute to the State Government's Campaign for Women Empowerment by purchasing their products.
- The State Government is providing opportunities to women to grow as Entrepreneurs by providing loans granted by banks to them through Schemes like IM Shakti Udyog Protsahan Yojana.
- Mamta Bhupesh said that the Directorate of Women Empowerment of the Women and Child Development Department provides a market to the women of Self-Help Groups through the National Amrita Haat, while the people of Jaipur get an opportunity to exhibit and buy handmade products from all over the State at one place.
- It is known that The National Amrita Haat is organized every year.
- In Rashtriya Amrita Haat, products of Women Self-Help Groups of all districts of Rajasthan State are being exhibited and sold. In this, Women have got the opportunity to sell the best workman's products at more than 140 stalls, including Handicrafts, Embroidery, Lakh Bangles, Papermaking Items, Salwar-Suits, Terracotta, Artificial Jewellery, Chicken and Zari work, Glass and Patch Work, Favorite Pickles, Marmalade, Spices and other handmade attractive products are available.