Switch To Hindi
STP and Drainage Systems to be built in 16 Cities of Bihar at a cost of Rs. 1136 crore
- 24 Dec 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- According to information received from the media on December 23, 2022, a Plan has been prepared for the construction of Sewerage Treatment Plants (STPs) and drainage at a cost of Rs. 1136 crore for Drainage and Drainage of Waterlogging and Dirty Water in 16 cities of Bihar. A Detailed Plan (DPR) of these Schemes has been prepared and sent to the State and Central Government for approval.
- Keeping in view the need of cities, Plan for Drainage Network and STP have been prepared. According to the DPR, three Sewerage Treatment Plants of different capacities will be set up in Kishanganj, Raxaul and Motihari towns, while two each STPs will be set up in Jamui, Saharsa and Darbhanga.
- As soon as the approval of the State Project Management Group (SPMG) and the National Mission for Clean Ganga is received, the tender process and agency will be duly selected and the work will start.
- Apart from this, the process of construction of DPR for Sewerage Network and STP in five cities of the State is going on.
- According to official information, work will be done on Fecal Salz Treatment Plants (Human Waste Management) in three of the 16 cities of the State, Dighawara, Manihari and Teghra. Through this plant, organic manure will be made from the Silt of Toilet tank.
- The dirt coming from the Treatment Plant will be disposed of, composted and the water will be cleaned and brought to other uses.
- It is known that at present, the Silt of Septic tanks in the State is filled in tanks and dropped on the roadside in the open, thereby polluting the environment.