Uttar Pradesh Tops in the Country in Providing Employment
- 13 Dec 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- According to information given by the Rural Development Department on December 12, 2022, Uttar Pradesh has performed the best in the country in the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS). Uttar Pradesh ranks first in the country in creating human days and providing 100 days of full employment.
- According to the Rural Development Department, 2438.62 lakh man days have been created against the annual target of 2600 lakh man days under employment generation for the financial year 2022-23. In the financial year 2022-23, the state has spent an amount of Rs 7809.74 crore.
- In the financial year 2022-23, the state has provided employment to 61.53 lakh families. Not only this, in the financial year 2022-23 , 2,77,878 families have been provided 100 days of full employment and Uttar Pradesh ranks first in the country in providing 100 days of full employment.
- Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya has directed the departmental officers to take concrete steps keeping in view the need for effective participation of line departments and convergence at the field level for the works to be carried out under MGNREGA Convergence. Along with this, progress should be increased under MGNREGA convergence.
- It is worth mentioning that under MGNREGA convergence, a financial target of Rs 1802.97 crore has been set in the year 2022-23 .
- Under MGNREGA convergence, labour, SRLM, groundwater department, public works department, Panchayati raj, horticulture, fallow land development, basic education, animal husbandry, youth welfare, silk, agricultural remote sensing application centre, child development and nutrition, Work is done by more than 24 departments like Greater Sharda Sahayak, Rural Engineering Dairy, Irrigation, Minor Irrigation etc.
- Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya has directed the officials concerned to register with the BOCW Board (Labour Department) and benefit from the welfare schemes of the Labour Department.