Switch To Hindi
Scheme Approved in Yamunapar Area of Rs 624 Crore
- 13 Dec 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On December 11, 2022 Union Minister of State for Law Prof. SP Singh Baghel told a press conference that a scheme of Rs 624 crore has been approved to provide potable water in Yamunapar area under the joint scheme 'Har Ghar Jal' of the Central and Uttar Pradesh government to solve the water problem of the residents of Yamunapar area of Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Minister of State for Law said that the Yamunapar area of Agra has been divided into two parts for the scheme, the first part is trans Yamuna zone, which includes Sita Nagar, Shahdara, Itimad-ud-Daulah, Prakash Nagar, Naval Ganj, Kachpura and Peela Khar areas. At the same time, the second zone has been created trans Yamuna Zone 2, in which Trans Yamuna Colony Phase One, Naraich, Nagla Jamuni, Nagla Rambal, Kalindi Vihar, Nai Ki Sarai, Ravi Nagar, Foundry Nagar and Islam Nagar have been included.
- He informed that under the scheme of water works in Yamunapar area, 44 MLD water will be arranged in the area. By the year 2040, if the population is about 4000000, then the demand for water will be 73 MLD. At the same time, if the population becomes 600,000 by 2055, the demand for water will increase to 107 MLD. In view of the increasing population, this plan has been prepared, so that the capacity of water works can be increased to 80 MLD in the future.
- Etmadpur MLA Dr. Dharampal Singh said that land has been identified at Poiya Ghat for construction of water works in Yamunapar area and this scheme has been planned according to the population till the year 2055.
- About 300,000 families of Etmadpur assembly constituency are sure to benefit from this scheme. Under this water works, 3 reservoirs, 14 new overhead tanks will be built and this scheme will be completed by 2024.