Uttar Pradesh In-situ Slum Redevelopment Policy, 2021
- 29 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On October 28, 2021, under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, the Council of Ministers has approved the proposal for promulgation of the Uttar Pradesh In-situ Slum Redevelopment Policy, 2021.
- According to this policy 'slum' means a slum as defined in section 3 of the Uttar Pradesh Slum Areas (Improvement and Settlement) Act, 1962.
- Under this policy, such slums will be valid, in which a minimum of 300 persons are residing.
- The State Urban Development Agency (SUDA), Uttar Pradesh has been designated as the State Level Nodal Agency for implementation of the policy.
- For the implementation of the policy, state level competent authority headed by Chief Secretary, State level evaluation committee headed by Additional Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary Urban Employment and Poverty Alleviation Department, at the urban level under the chairmanship of Divisional Commissioner for Municipal Corporations and other municipal bodies. For this, a city level competent authority will be constituted under the chairmanship of the district officer.
- A city level technical committee will be constituted under the chairmanship of Project Director, District Urban Development Agency (DUDA) to evaluate the identified slums and provide technical assistance to the city level competent authority.
- In this policy, the urban local body (ULB), the implementing body, the role and responsibility of the private developer along with the development of the project, eligibility of the beneficiaries and their benefits, allocation process, mandatory development criteria and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Housing for All (Urban) Clear provisions have been made regarding the grant to be received from the mission.