Three New Awards will be given in the State Decoration Category
- 06 Oct 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On October 5, 2022, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel took a big decision regarding the honor of folk art seekers in Chhattisgarh and announced three new awards in the state investiture category to be given on the establishment of the state in Chhattisgarh. This award was given by folk artist Late Laxman Masturia and Late. He will be dedicated to Kaushalya, mother of Lord Rama and Sahman Sao.
- In this regard, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel said that Chhattisgarh is famous for its ancient and rich cultural heritage and vibrant culture. The rhythmic music, folk songs and folk dramas here give a feeling of wonderful bliss.
- In order to preserve and promote the great heritage of folk songs and folk music of the state and to inspire new artists working in this field, three new awards will be given by the state government along with other awards in the form of state decorations.
- In this, 'Laxman Masturia Award' will be given in the field of folklore. At the same time, art seekers who have contributed in the field of folk music will be honored with 'Khuman Sao Puraskar'. Similarly, in Chhattisgarh, the maternal home of Mata Kaushalya and the maternal grandmother of Lord Ram, the best Ramayana (Manas) congregation will be decorated with 'Mata Kaushalya Samman'.
- Like the state decoration, the awards of these categories will also be given during the Rajyotsava program to be organized on the occasion of the State Foundation Day.
- The Chief Minister said that by expressing gratitude to the flag bearers of the state's culture and the award being instituted in their name, the contribution of those great artists will also be known to the future generation. Apart from this, interest in folk songs and folk music will also increase.