Lowest Unemployment in Chhattisgarh
- 06 Oct 2022
- 4 min read
Why In News?
- According to the information given by the Chhattisgarh Public Relations Department on October 4, 2022, the unemployment rate in Chhattisgarh state in September is at its lowest level of 0.1 percent so far. Chhattisgarh tops the list with the lowest unemployment rate in the country.
- The Public Relations Department said that according to the latest data released by the Center for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), 99.90 percent of the people of the state are getting livelihood by joining some kind of employment.
- According to the latest data released by CMIE, the unemployment rate in Chhattisgarh has been recorded at 0.1 percent in the month of September, while in the month of September this figure of unemployment rate in the country has been 6.43 percent. The figure of unemployment was 7.70 percent in urban areas of the country and 5.84 percent in rural areas in the month of September.
- According to the report on unemployment rate released by CMIE on October 1, 2022, Chhattisgarh tops the states with the lowest unemployment rate in September 2022 with 0.1 percent. In the same period, Assam is second with 0.4 percent and Uttarakhand is third with 0.5 percent unemployment rate. In Madhya Pradesh this figure is 0.9 percent and in Gujarat this figure is 1.6 percent.
- On the other hand, Rajasthan tops the list with the highest unemployment rate in September 2022, recording an unemployment rate of 23.8 percent. Jammu and Kashmir recorded an unemployment rate of 23.2 percent, Haryana 22.9 percent, Tripura 17.0 percent and Jharkhand 12.2 percent.
- The reason behind this achievement of Chhattisgarh state in terms of minimum unemployment rate has been the scheme and policies made to create new employment opportunities under the leadership of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel. In the last four and a half years, many such innovations have taken place in Chhattisgarh, which have given work to every hand from the city to the village.
- In Chhattisgarh, the state government under the leadership of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel started working with the goal of inclusive development. In line with Mahatma Gandhi's vision of 'Gram Swaraj', innovations were made in the direction of economic strengthening of villages. In this, the 'Narva-Garuva-Ghurva-Bari' program played an important role under the 'Suraji Gaon Yojana', on the other hand, with the 'Godhan Nyay Yojana', the Gauthans were developed as Rural Industrial Parks, from which cow dung was sold to cow dung. Villagers got employment by making products. New employment opportunities were created.
- From 7 to 65 types of minor forest produce were purchased at support price and processing and value addition of these minor forest produce was done. This also provided employment to people in Vananchal.
- 'Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana' made efforts towards economic prosperity of farmers, while after this scheme, the interest of excited farmers increased towards agriculture. Area under cultivation and production increased in the state.
- Under the 'Rajiv Gandhi Gramin Krishi Bhumiheen Mazdoor Yojana', people associated with the 'Pauni-Pasari' system received financial assistance. A new industry policy was implemented in the state, in which provisions for subsidy were made in many sections and different sectors. This accelerated entrepreneurship development.