Switch To Hindi
Those who Report and Stop Violence Against Women and Child Marriage will be Honored
- 03 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On March 2, 2023, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami, while launching the Women Empowerment and Safety Week under International Women's Day, announced that the state government will honour those who report violence against women and children and try to prevent child marriage.
- Speaking at the event, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that the person who tries to prevent incidents of mental and physical violence against women and children by informing them at a competent level will be known as women safety watchdog. Such an individual or group will be honoured on special occasions by the government.
- Apart from this, a reward of Ten thousand rupees will be given to the person or institution who gives information about the evil of the society, child marriage to the police or tries to stop it. Commendation certificates will also be given to the employees and officers who have made special contributions in these works.
- In the program, the Chief Minister launched the e-paper 'Apni Vani' on women empowerment and child development and released a short film made on women's self-defence.
- During the program, he honoured those who have done excellent work for preventing child marriage and social concerns.
- Speaking on the occasion, Minister for Women Empowerment and Child Development Rekha Arya said that efforts are being made to empower women economically, socially and politically. For this, many schemes are being run by the department. Single women also need to be empowered. The government has resolved to start a scheme for this.