The Chief Minister Inaugurated the State-of-the-Art Bus Terminal
- 27 May 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
On May 25, 2023, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated the newly constructed state-of-the-art bus terminal at the central bus stand of Sindhi Camp in the state capital Jaipur to provide better basic facilities to the common man.
- The newly constructed terminal will make it easier for the common people to travel. The newly constructed bus terminal at Sindhi Camp Bus Stand will have passenger shed, booking window, best room for office use, modern toilet, air-conditioned passenger waiting room, food court and premises for commercial use for the convenience of passengers.
- Apart from this, the said complex will be equipped with CCTV cameras, WiFi, public announcement system, lift, escalator, fire fighting system and water harvesting system and 15 kilowatt solar plant.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister announced a 50 percent concession in the fare of all categories of roadways buses for women passengers. With the increase in the scope of concessional travel, women will be able to take advantage of 50 percent discount in the fare of all categories of buses including express, deluxe, along with ordinary roadways buses.
- Satellite and new bus stands are being built in the state. State-of-the-art bus stand is also being prepared in Jodhpur. Fare concession is also being given to the devotees going to Lakhi fairs. In Haridwar, provision has been made for free travel for the people going to immerse the ashes of their deceased relatives.
- Free travel facility is also being given to the candidates going to take the examination in the state in roadways buses. Arrangements for their stay and food were also made by the state government.
- The old pension scheme and RGHS have been implemented by the state government for roadways workers.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister gave RFID smart cards to senior citizens and specially abled people for free travel in roadways buses.
- It is worth mentioning that a provision of Rs 125 crore has been made by the state government for the upgradation of bus stands. 875 new roadways buses have been purchased and work is on to buy 500 new buses.