R-CAT Centers will be opened in 5 Divisions of the state
- 27 May 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 25 May, 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved a financial provision of Rs 25.90 crore for opening Rajiv Gandhi Center of Advanced Technology (R-CAT) centers in 5 divisions of the state.
- Rajiv Gandhi Center of Advanced Technology (R-CAT) will be opened in Ajmer, Kota, Bharatpur, Bikaner and Udaipur divisions of the Union Territory.
- The new R-CAT centers are located at Kota's Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Bhawan (Rajasthan Technical University), Udaipur's Vigyan Bhawan (Mohanlal Sukhadia University), Bharatpur's Department of Artificial Intelligence (Government College of Engineering), Ajmer's Government Engineering College and Bikaner's School Innovation Hub (Maharaja Ganga Singh University).
- With this decision of the Chief Minister, youth will get information about advanced techniques of block chain, artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics and virtual reality etc. Also, certificate courses and multi-disciplinary research will be able to be done in these centres.
- It is worth mentioning that R-CAT has also been set up in Jaipur in the past by the state government. Also, under the aegis of Rajiv Gandhi Fintech Digital University cum Institute, Jodhpur, R-CAT courses have also been started in its temporary campus.
- An announcement in this regard was made by the Chief Minister in the budget for the year 2023-24.