The Center has approved setting up of 2 New Cities in the state
- 09 Jun 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
According to the information received from the media on 7 June 2023, the central government has given preliminary approval to establish two new cities near Kashipur and Doiwala in Uttarakhand.
- The Uttarakhand Housing Department had given a presentation of an all-facilitated city to the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, agreeing to which the central team would soon reach Uttarakhand to inspect both the townships.
- It may be noted that the Housing Department is working on a plan to set up eight new cities in the state. Recently, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami had proposed 1100 crores while requesting the Center in this regard.
- Under this, the Housing Department had prepared the proposal of two cities and sent it to the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs. Among these, a city will be built on 378.50 hectares of land in the name of an Industrial City on the land of Parag Farm in Kashipur.
- The second township will be named Aero City near Doiwala on the Doon-Haridwar Highway. This city will be built on 3080.8 hectares of land in the name of Integrated Township. It will have 746.98 hectares of government land and 2333.81 hectares of private land.
- The Housing department will provide facilities in all these cities. These will include all facilities like roads, sewers etc.
- Master plans of these cities will be prepared with the help of the Town Planning Department. Accordingly, the work of building cities with private participation will be done. The government will also give some of its land to them.
|proposed 8 cities|
|Marked Place||Total Land (Hect.)||Name of the City|
|Doon-Haridwar Highway near Doiwala||3080.8||Integrated Township|
|Chharba, Sahaspur on Doon-Paonta Sahib Highway||1672.94||Cyber City|
|Arcadia Tea Garden, Dehradun||719.7||New Dehradun Twin City|
|Bamoth Village Near Gauchar Airport||50.00||Wellness Township|
|Near Ramnagar City||4365||Tourism Township|
|Haldwani Near Golapar||2840.16||New Haldwani Twin City|
|Near Naini Saini Airport, Pithoragarh||77.00||Film-Entertainment City|
|Parag Farms, Near Kichha||378.58||Industrial Township|