10% Discount for passengers in City Buses of UP
- 10 Jun 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 8 June 2023, in the meeting of the Uttar Pradesh Dedicated Urban Transport Fund Management Committee, chaired by Amrit Abhijat, Chief Secretary, Urban Development, Uttar Pradesh, it was informed that the schemes to be implemented by the ETM supplier and HDFC to promote digital payments in the state. There will be a 10% discount on bus fares on payment of fare through the National Common Mobility Card.
- Similarly, in order to bring uniformity in the fare applicable for different vehicles, a proposal was passed to levy a uniform surcharge of Re 1 per passenger on the tickets of passengers travelling in city buses. Through this, the existing fare has been rounded off.
- In the meeting, the proposal to operate 1525 air-conditioned electric buses through Convergence Energy Services Limited at GCC Mod was approved.
- GPS, panic buttons, CCTV cameras and seats will be reserved for women in the buses and unfit, without permits, illegal, overloaded, dilapidated and dilapidated buses will not be allowed to operate in any area of the state. Strict action will be taken against speeding and overloading of vehicles.
- Purchased under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM), currently operating 664 buses (CNG/Diesel), 40 air-conditioned electric buses allocated for Lucknow city, for reimbursement of salary, fuel, motor parts expenses Rs.9953.39 were Sanctioned.
- Including other expenses, a total amount of Rs 25890.81 lakh was approved for the financial years 2022-23 and 2023-24.
- Similarly, there is no budget yet, to operate 300 electric buses at GCC turn. An expenditure burden of Rs 65.00 crore was approved for the possible annual operation of these buses and Rs 21.20 crore for the new maintenance depot.
- 447.48 crore will be required in the financial year 2023-24, for this the necessary amount will be demanded from the Finance Department.