Tender Issued for Opening Medical Colleges in 6 Districts of Uttar Pradesh
- 09 Dec 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On December 8, 2022, Principal Secretary of Medical Education of Uttar Pradesh Alok Kumar said that a tender has been issued for opening medical colleges on PPP model in 6 districts under 'One District, One Medical College' in the state.
- Through the tender process, investors will be selected to open medical colleges in Mahoba, Mainpuri, Bagpat, Hamirpur, Hathras and Kasganj in the state.
- It is known that under the Central Government's Viability Gap Funding Scheme, in-principle consent has been received to open medical colleges in these 6 districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh is the first state to issue a tender for opening a medical college on PPP model. The details of the tender have also been uploaded on the GeM portal.
- He said that about Rs 1525 crore will be spent to open medical colleges in 6 districts. Out of this, the central government will bear the burden of about Rs 1012 crore as subsidy. A college will get an average subsidy of Rs 160 crore.
- The work of selecting investors for opening medical colleges in Maharaj Ganj and Shamli of the state has started. Treatment is likely to start in Maharaj Ganj by next year. Apart from this, medical colleges in Shamli and Mau are under process.
- The Principal Secretary said that this is a big step towards providing better and accessible medical services to the common people of The Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. The approval of the proposal by the central government will save the state's money.
- He said that the state district hospital and land will be given on lease for 33 years. After this, the investor will return the medical college to the government. It will be the property of the state as well as give stamp duty exemption and equipment subsidy.