- 09 Dec 2022
- 1 min read
Why In News?
On December 7, 2022, Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav informed that a cargo terminal will be built at Akbarnagar in Bhagalpur, Bihar.
- Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnav said that the cargo terminal to be built in Akbarnagar will be built under the leadership of Malda Divisional Railway Manager Vikas Choubey, which is expected to be completed by the year 2024.
- It is known that a similar terminal in Malda division of Eastern Railway has been commissioned at Godda.
- The Railway Minister informed that Indian Railways will set up dozens of cargo terminals in the next three years. While 22 cargo terminals have already been commissioned, 125 applications have been received for development of such terminals and 79 have been given in-principle approval.
- Railways has given in-principle approval to Bihar Logistics Private Limited for construction of terminal for Food Corporation of India to facilitate the process.
- Silo type containers will be used in this cargo terminal. Silos are basically designed to store grains and other materials. This type of storage is rarely used in India.