149 Teachers were honoured at the State Level Teacher Honour Ceremony, various Innovations of the Education Department were Launched
- 07 Sep 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On September 5, 2023, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot honored 149 teachers from 50 districts of the state in the state level teacher felicitation ceremony organized at Birla Auditorium on the occasion of Teachers' Day and launched various innovations of the education department.
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot also released the 'Teacher Samman' booklet published in honor of honored teachers at the state level teacher felicitation ceremony. Besides, six players who won gold medals in individual events in the 66th National School Tournament held in Bhopal were also honoured.
- In the ceremony, the Chief Minister launched various innovations of the Education Department-
- He launched Shala Darpan Shikshak App and unveiled Shala Sambalan 2.0 App with new features.
- Launched School After School Program to provide e-education in 12 thousand higher secondary schools in the state. Under this program, live classes will be organized through social media after school hours for the students of board classes in collaboration with ‘Mission Gyan’.
- The Chief Minister inaugurated the Robotics Labs set up in 300 Mahatma Gandhi English Medium Schools of the State. Through these labs, the knowledge of the latest technical field will be available to the students from the school level itself and they will be able to compete with the students of private schools.
- He launched the Mission Start program and Rajasthan State Open School Computerization Program for conducting e-classrooms in schools. Vedantu Innovation Pvt Ltd and Leadership Boulevard Pvt. Ltd. participated in the ceremony. MoUs were signed with various institutions including (LEAD).
- The Chief Minister said that the state government, realizing the importance of English language in the present times, has opened Mahatma Gandhi English Medium Schools in the state. Currently more than 6 lakh students are studying in these schools. Sanskrit University and Vedic schools have been opened in the state. The number of universities in the state has exceeded 90.
- He said that institutes like IIIT, IIM and AIIMS as well as Ayurveda University, Law University, Journalism University, Engineering College, Medical College etc. are available for higher studies in the state, so that students do not need to go out for studies.
- The Chief Minister said that under the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence Scheme, 500 students are being sent abroad for studies. The Rajiv Gandhi Rural and Urban Olympic Games is creating a positive atmosphere towards sports. Other State Governments are also following suit now. Sportspersons in the state are being given reservation in out-of-turn jobs and government jobs.