Tantya Bhil Balidan Diwas
- 06 Dec 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On December 4, 2021, Governor Mangubhai Patel and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan unveiled a grand statue of Jannayak Tantya Mama made of Ashtadhatu on the sacrifice day of Kranti Surya Jannayak Tantya Mama at Patalpani.
- The Navteerth Sthal will be built at Patalpani at a cost of Rs 4 crore 55 lakh. A meditation center will be established here, where bravery will be worshipped, which will inspire the coming generations to patriotism.
- A fair will be organized every year in Patalpani on 4th December, 2021 on the sacrifice day of Jannayak Tantya Mama.
- Tantya Bhil was born in the year 1840 in the house of Bhausingh Bhil in the village of Bardahir in Pandhana tehsil of East Nimar (Khandwa district) of the then Central Province. Somewhere in the year 1842, the mention of his birth is also found.
- The real name of Tantya Bhil was Tautia. He was also affectionately called by the name of Tantya Mama. He was reverently called 'Mama' by people of all age groups.
- Tantya Bhil was arrested by the British because of the betrayal of some trusted people. He was kept in the Central India Agency Jail in the British Residency area in Indore. Later he was kept in Jabalpur Jail. Sessions Court Jabalpur sentenced him to death on 19 October 1889 and was hanged again on 4 December 1889.
- After the execution, on the Khandwa railway route near Indore, near Patalpani railway station, fearing that the revolt broke out in the surrounding villages, they quietly left in the night by throwing his dead body at the place where his wooden effigies were kept.
- This place i.e. Patalpani is known today as 'Samadhi Sthal of Tantya Bhil'.