Naveen Adarsh Gram Yojna
- 06 Dec 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- Recently, the Central Government has approved the Naveen Adarsh Gram Yojana for Madhya Pradesh for the integrated development of tribal villages.
- In this, the work of improving infrastructure, socio-economic indicators, welfare of tribals and capacity development of public representatives will be done.
- In Madhya Pradesh, this scheme will be implemented through convergence of central and state government schemes.
- Under the scheme, various works will be done by selecting such villages, which have at least 50 percent population of tribal class and such population is at least 500. A total of 7307 villages have been selected.
- In this, 100 percent grant-in-aid will be given from the center. In the first phase, works will be done in 1204 villages. Out of these villages, three villages will be selected for the best works in the state and awards of Rs 5 lakh each will be given.
- At the national level also, three villages will be selected for the best work, which will be given prizes of Rs.10 lakh each.