Sugarcane Prices in Haryana Highest in the Country
- 10 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- Recently Haryana Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister JP Dalal has decided to increase the sugarcane price by Rs 12. Now it will be Rs 362 per quintal.
- With this, Haryana has become the highest paying state for sugarcane in the country.
- JP Dalal said that now a price of Rs 362 per quintal will be given for early variety of sugarcane and Rs 355 per quintal for late variety, which was earlier Rs 340 per quintal.
- It is noteworthy that the recovery of all private and cooperative sugar mills of last year has decreased by 0.34% due to poor quality of sugarcane. The recovery that has come this time has come down from 10.58 to 10.24.
- Agricultural scientists have developed a new variety named 15023 of sugarcane, whose recovery is expected to be up to 14%.