State Got 403 Crores for Jal Jeevan Mission
- 24 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 22 March 2023, Udayraj Singh, MD of Uttarakhand Drinking Water Corporation, said that the Union Ministry of Jal Shakti has released the third instalment of Rs 403 crore to the state for the 'Jal Jeevan Mission' scheme of tap water from every house in the rural areas of the state.
- It is noteworthy that under the Jal Jeevan Mission, there is a plan to supply tap water to 14 lakh 94 thousand 375 houses in the state.
- Under this mission, tap water has been supplied to 9 lakh 95 thousand 477 houses in the state so far.
- Under the Jal Jeevan Mission, more than 17 thousand small and big projects have been made, for which the Ministry of Jal Shakti has already released about Rs 800 crore in two instalments so far.
- MD of Drinking Water Corporation Udayraj Singh said that from the third instalment, work will be done in this financial year as well as in the next financial year. This will speed up the work of the mission.
- Under the Jal Jeevan Mission, water has been provided to about 72 percent of the households in the state through taps, but the pace is comparatively less.