Sports Authority of India Approves 10 New Khelo India Centers in Chhattisgarh
- 18 Mar 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
- According to the information given by the Chhattisgarh Public Relations Department on March 17, 2023, on the proposal of the Sports and Youth Welfare Department of Chhattisgarh, the Sports Authority of India has approved the establishment of ten new Khelo India mini-centres under the Khelo India scheme in Chhattisgarh.
- According to the information, these centres will be opened for one game each in different districts. Now the total number of centres under the Khelo India scheme has gone up to 24 in Chhattisgarh.
- Khelo India Mini Center has been approved by the Sports Authority of India for Hockey, Wrestling, Football, Kabaddi and Archery. Sports Authority of India will also provide financial assistance for the establishment of these centres.
- It is known that the Directorate of Sports and Youth Welfare Department of Chhattisgarh had sent a proposal to the Sports Authority of India to start the Khelo India Center for various sports in which new Khelo India mini centres were approved for hockey in Bastar, wrestling in Dhamtari, hockey in Janjgir Champa, football in Korba, football in Balrampur, kabaddi in Bemetara, archery in Dantewada, archery in Mahasamund, football in Mungeli and football in Surajpur.
- Before this, the process of opening Khelo India mini centres of hockey is in progress in Malkhamb in district Narayanpur, archery in Bijapur, archery in Shivtarai Bilaspur, volleyball in Gariaband, football in Surguja, hockey in Jashpur and Rajnandgaon
- So far, Rs 7 lakh each has been released to each of the 7 districts of the first phase for small centres. In the other 7 sanctioned districts, funds for small centres for weightlifting in Balod, football in Balodabazar, kabaddi in Durg, kho-kho in Kanker, weightlifting in Raipur, badminton in Raigarh and football in Sukma are under the process of being realised by the Sports Authority of India.
- In this way, players will get direct benefits through 24 Khelo India Mini Centers in 24 districts of the states. Local senior players of each sport will be attached to the centre, they will also be given honorarium for working as coaches.
- Equal representation of boys and girls players will also be ensured in all Khelo India centres. These centres will be registered in the portal of Sports Authority of India.