Software Technology Park to be Built in Jamshedpur, Bokaro and Dhanbad of Jharkhand
- 09 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on 8 February 2023, the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has approved the proposal for setting up software parks in Jamshedpur, Bokaro and Dhanbad in Jharkhand.
- Significantly, the central government wants to expand the digital possibility in small cities of the country so that the youth can be made partners in the digital economy. For this, software technology parks are being set up in small cities.
- Software Technology Park of India has been constituted, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- According to the proposal received from the states, 63 software parks have been set up in the country so far. In addition, the Ministry has approved the proposal for setting up of 22 Software Parks.
- Such parks have already been set up in Ranchi and Deoghar in Jharkhand.
- Apart from this, the ministry had approved the Electronics Manufacturing Cluster Scheme to attract investment in the electronics sector.
- Under this scheme, assistance was to be given for the development of similar facilities with world-class infrastructure.
- Under this scheme, the proposal for 19 greenfield electronics manufacturing clusters, three common facility centers have been approved. Under this, the formation of a cluster in Adityapur, Jharkhand was approved. 97 on this cluster. 88 crore and the expenditure were estimated at Rs Rs 41. Rs 48 crore has been released.