SJVNL Signs MoU with Uttar Pradesh Government to Set-Up Solar Plant in Kanpur
- 08 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- According to information received from the media on February 7, 2023, the Central Government's Navratna company Satluj Hydro Power Distribution Corporation Limited (SJVNL) company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Uttar Pradesh State Industrial Development Authority to set up a solar power plant at a cost of Rs 3500 crore in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- The company has sought about 3000 acres of land in Ghatampur or its surrounding area from the authority for setting up the plant. The company will set up a solar plant of about 700 MW capacity on this land.
- About 300 people will get employment with the establishment of this plant. At the same time, the environment will be benefited due to pollution-free electricity.
- SJVNL Additional General Manager Surendra Singh said that the company is setting up 75 MW plants each in Kalpi and Orai tehsils of Jalaun, in which the project set up in Parasan village of Kalpi has come into operation.
- At the same time, a 50 MW solar power plant is also under construction at Akbarpur in Kanpur Dehat.
- It is noteworthy that the electricity generated from the solar plant is cheaper than the electricity generated through any other medium.
- Apart from the open market, the company will directly approach industries and establishments like Kanpur Metro to sell electricity.