Rural Uttarakhand Entrepreneurship Summit-2023 - 'Gullak'
- 14 Jan 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- Recently, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami inaugurated the Uttarakhand Entrepreneurship Summit-2023 'Gullak' in Dehradun, which will enable businessmen in rural areas to get information about the schemes being run by the government in various sectors.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that this program named 'Gullak' organized for rural entrepreneurs is the first of its kind in the country, in which investors will be able to directly interact with rural entrepreneurs and invest in their enterprises.
- He said that in order to accelerate entrepreneurship development in rural areas, the state government had set up 'Rural Business Incubators' last year at Hawal bagh in Almora district and Kotdwar in Pauri district. At present, various types of services are being provided to rural entrepreneurs through these 'Rural Business Incubators'.
- In view of the good results of the incubators, 'Rural Business Incubator' spocks will be set up to make this scheme operational in 11 other districts of the state under the Hub and Spock model. Through these incubators, entrepreneurs will get new opportunities.
- The Chief Minister said that with the development of rural entrepreneurship, the youth of the state will be connected to self-employment and will become job givers instead of getting jobs. The focus will be on better marketing of products of rural entrepreneurs.
- He said that the state government is working specially to get rid of the problem of migration in rural areas. In order to provide self-employment opportunities to the citizens of the state by staying in their place, the government is operating various types of centrally funded, state-funded and externally aided self-employment schemes in remote areas of the state.
- Keeping in mind that the participation of women in the business in rural areas is high, the state government is making special efforts for the empowerment of women in the field of self-employment and has planned to make 1.25 lakh sisters Lakhpati Didi, efforts are also being made to connect them with entrepreneurship.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that under the direction of the Government of India, it has been ensured that 'Mission Antyodaya Survey' will be done through mobile app for the next one month. The survey will focus on topics related to economic development, village infrastructure, services and social justice by women of the community cadre.