Switch To Hindi
Rudraprayag and Tehri Most Landslide Affected Districts
- 07 Mar 2023
- 4 min read
Why In News?
On March 6, 2023, Dr. D.P. Doval, former scientist at Wadia Himalayan Ground Science Institute, said that the recently released landslide map report of the National Remote Sensing Center (NRSC's) of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) revealed that Uttarakhand has revealed that Uttarakhand K Rudraprayag and Tehri districts are the most affected districts of landslides in the country.
- It is known that the city of Joshimath of Chamoli district is in the grip of the danger of landslides these days. Scientists are interacting with its technical investigation and sensing the danger. However, the reports of pictures taken from the satellite are showing that Uttarkashi is at 21st position in the country. Pauri is the 23rd of Garhwal and 29th ranking of Dehradun district.
- Rudraprayag is the highest landslide density district in the country. That is, this district is in danger of the most social and economic damage to this district. The same situation is also in Tehri district. Both the districts are geographically smaller than other districts. In this sense, landslide density has also appeared large.
- Rudraprayag is the district with the highest landslide density in the country. That is, this district is most at risk of social and economic damage from landslides. The same is the case with Tehri district. Both these districts are geographically smaller than the other districts. In this sense also, the landslide density has appeared large.
- According to the atlas, Rudraprayag and Tehri are the first two districts most risky in terms of landslides in the country. So, the least sensitive districts are Haridwar and Udham Singh Nagar are also in the state.
- NRSC's landslide risk analysis includes 11 districts of Himachal in 147 districts. Mandi district is the biggest threat from landslides in Himachal. The rank of this district in the state is 16th.
- Among the Himalayan states, 14 districts of Jammu and Kashmir are included in the list of landslide risk districts. Among them, Rajouri is the fourth most landslide-affected district in the country and Poonch is the sixth most landslide-affected district.
- There are a total of 10 districts in Kerala in the list of 147 sensitive districts, where landslides are threatened. The list of 10 most landslides risk districts include three districts in Kerala.
- Former scientist Dr. D.P. Doval said that the entire Himalayan region is sensitive to landslides. Detailed studies should be done based on this report of NRAC. What is the actual loss from landslides? How many populations is he affecting? With this, policy regulators can decide what kind of plan they must make.
- The most affected district of Uttarakhand (In red)-