Switch To Hindi
Real Time Data Acquisition System (RTDAS)
- 20 Sep 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On September 18, 2021, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurated the Real Time Data Acquisition System (RTDAS) in Haryana to check theft of canal water. In the first phase, RTDAS have been installed at 90 places across the state.
- The Chief Minister said that RTDAS will enable the tracking of water released into the canal and water reached till the last tail. If there is a case of water theft in the middle of the canal, then a message will be sent to the concerned officer that due to which reason, the water has been reduced till tail end. Through RTDAS, the data of complete water level in canals will also be available with the Department.
- On this occasion Femina Miss Grand India-2021 Ms. Manika Sheokand was appointed as Goodwill ‘Ambassador’ of Water Conservation Campaign.
- The Chief Minister said that the Haryana Government had prepared a two-year plan for water management last year. Under this, Mera Pani Meri Virasat Yojana is getting good public response, as an incentive of Rs 7,000 is being provided to the farmer’s adopting the scheme.
- It is worth noting that the Haryana Government is also implementing Jal Jeevan Mission and other water management schemes across the State. Micro Irrigation System Scheme has been installed for irrigation so that water can reach even the areas of South Haryana having water scarcity issues.