Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board and J-Pal South Asia Executive Director signed Letter of Intent to Join SARWA
- 08 Sep 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On September 6, 2023, Shikhar Agarwal, Chairman, Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board, and Sobhini Mukherjee, Executive Director, J-PAL South Asia, signed a letter of intent to join SARWA in the presence of Vini Mahajan, Secretary, Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India, in Gandhinagar, the capital of Gujarat.
- Speaking on the occasion, Chairman, Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board said that the Government of Rajasthan has always done remarkable work in addressing environmental issues and SARWA will play an important role in guiding the policy makers to take high impact and cost effective policy decisions to tackle the challenges of wind and water.
- J-PAL South Asia and RSPCB will work together to design, test, implement and scale-up solutions that will play an effective role in reducing air and water pollution.
- Professor Namrata Kala, advisor to SARWA and representative of J-PAL, said that air and water pollution is a serious obstacle to economic growth and life expectancy. It is hoped that SARWA will play an important role in fostering a new momentum in fighting poverty and improving the quality of environment for all Indians.
- Under SARWA, J-PAL South Asia will work with governments at both the national and state levels to accelerate the adoption of scientific evidence and data to design effective air and water policies.
- The programme was launched at an event in Gandhinagar organized by J-PAL South Asia in partnership with Community Jameel.