High Powered Committee Constituted under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary
- 08 Sep 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On September 6, 2023 Madhya Pradesh Government constituted a High Powered Steering Committee under the chairmanship of the Chief Secretary for the operation of the Urban Infrastructure Development Fund (UIDF) by the Government of India.
- In this committee, Additional Chief Secretary, Finance, Principal Secretary, Public Health Engineering, Principal Secretary, Urban Development and Housing, Principal Secretary, Public Works, Principal Secretary, Tourism have been made members and the Director Budget has been made member secretary.
- This committee will give its recommendation after examining such projects proposed by administrative departments, for which it is proposed to get loan assistance under Urban Infrastructure Development Fund (UIDF).
- This committee will consider the need of the plan/project, its benefits to the state, its cost and its usefulness from the economic point of view.
- If the scheme/project of any other administrative department comes under the ambit of loan assistance under the Urban Infrastructure Development Fund (UIDF), in that case the Additional Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary/Secretary of the concerned administrative department will be invited in the meeting.
- This committee will also be able to invite the officers of the regional office of the National Housing Bank in the review meeting.